Coffee Shop

Rheo

Record cold wave in Europe.... Link

Climate deniers who question the gravity of global warming say these bitter winters are at odds with the standard climate change scenarios in which Earth’s temperature steadily rises, possibly by as much as five or six degrees Celsius (9.0 to 10.8 degrees Fahrenheit) by 2100.

However, scientists caution that these extreme winters mistakenly bring together the long-term patterns of climate with the short-term vagaries of weather, and ignore regional variation in climate change impacts.

New research shows that global warming has actually contributed to Europe’s winter frost.

Scientists explain that the rising Arctic temperatures that have reduced floating ice cover by 20 percent over the last three decades, and the sun’s rays that are now absorbed by dark-blue sea rather than being bounced back into space by reflective ice and snow, together with extreme heat, has created a strong high-pressure system that has brought the cold polar air into Europe this week.

Right....

WestVirginiaRebel

Ford demands GM, NBC pull Chevy Super Bowl ad

According to Motoramic.com, Ford sent a cease and desist letter to Chevrolet and are pressuring NBC to pull the ad.

GM Global Chief Marketing Officer Joel Ewanick responded with a press release saying the company stands by its claim that the Silverado is "the most dependable, longest lasting full size pickup on the road," according to Jalopnik.com.

"We can wait until the world ends, and if we need to, we will apologize. In the meantime, people who are really worried about the Mayan calendar coming true should buy a Silverado right away," the statement reads.

Ford spokesman Mike Levin told Motoramic: “Claims are made in advertising frequently by every auto manufacturer… This type of ad protest happens from time to time,” adding that “we'll always defend our products."

righteousmomma

Thanks, Valin. We listened.

"They had a game plan" and its the "culture" that has to be changed and the 0 was right in the Chicago game plan from the gecko.

The occupiers are the new anti war movement.

Fox and Friends is now covering the dinner.

More about the chair characters.

Thanks, Valin. We listened.

"They had a game plan" and its the "culture" that has to be changed and the 0 was right in the Chicago game plan from the gecko.

RM needs some more coffee... I think that she means "get go".

geico-gecko.jpg

@righteousmomma

The occupiers are the new anti war movement.

I always assumed it is.

Fox and Friends is now covering the dinner.

More about the chair characters.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.

And from the "Keep Victimhood Alive Department"... here's a lead story from our local "news" paper.

http://www.newsobser...ic-counter.html

NCCU honors historic counter

DURHAM -- The half-century old F.W. Woolworth lunch counter looks like just the spot to enjoy a 10-cent cup of coffee and a 60-cent cheeseburger.

Unless you were classified as a social untouchable - and legally branded as Colored.

In that case, you wouldn't be served a meal at Woolworth, or other restaurants. The Formica-looking counter instead became the focal point of sit-ins, the front line of the nation's civil rights movement.

N.C. Central University on Sunday dedicated a section of the original counter used in the February 1960 sit-ins in Durham as the movement spread through the state and across the country.

The innocuous-looking counter and orange-padded chrome swivel chairs recalled a tense time when "Negro" students refused to give up their seats while some local whites menaced the young black protesters.Scissors-32x32.png

3SNnz.Em.156.jpg

I was so inspired by the orange seated lunch counter...

... that I felt compelled to pay homage to my relatives who suffered under the yoke of "The Man".

serf.gif

For too long the suffering of the serf has been ignored by our country.

I have always feel the pain of my forefathers..I know that I have been held back in my career and by society in general because of this stigma of serfdom that I bear.

So with fear and trepidation, I now stand up and declare this National Serf Pride Month. I'm just not sure what to do next? unsure.png

My Irish/German Catholic ancestry has burdened me since before I was born. If only I was black.....I could properly wallow in that misery now, and seek justice for the harm caused by people that my great, great, great grandfathers didn't know.

My Irish/German Catholic ancestry has burdened me since before I was born. If only I was black.....I could properly wallow in that misery now, and seek justice for the harm caused by people that my great, great, great grandfathers didn't know.

The English/Scottish side of my ancestry has burdened me with emotional scars from generations of persecution heaped our way.

This video provide a taste of the obvious Hate Speech and ethnic stereotyping that we've faced for centuries:

Obama: I'm getting 'better as time goes on'

(Snip)"What's frustrated people is that I've not been able to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008. Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes.(Snip)

GOD BLESS James Madison, Alexander Hamilton!

Mark Steyn sitting in for Rush today said, "At this rate, in 60 years he should be able to do his job... that's how long the Queen has been in power."

Thanks for fortifying our grievances, @NCTexan!

I'd forgotten that the French were livestock heavers, before they morphed into surrender monkeys....no disrespect to surrender monkeys.

Obama: I'm getting 'better as time goes on'

(Snip)"What's frustrated people is that I've not been able to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008. Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes.(Snip)

GOD BLESS James Madison, Alexander Hamilton!

I take this as meaning: I'm not satisfied being the 4th best President......I'm going all out for number 1!