Homeland Security Department Considers Ending Color-Coded Terror Alerts

Geee

homeland-security-department-considers-ending-color-coded-terror-alerts
Fox News:

WASHINGTON -- The Homeland Security Department is proposing to discontinue the color-coded terror alert system that became a symbol of the country's post-9/11 jitters and the butt of late-night talk show jokes.

The 8-year-old system, with its rainbow of five colors -- from green, signifying a low threat, to red, meaning severe -- became a fixture in airports, government buildings and on newscasts.

Over the past four years, millions of travelers have begun and ended their trips to the sound of airport recordings warning that the threat level is orange.

The system's demise would not be the end of terror alerts; instead, the alerts would become more descriptive and not as colorful. In the past two years, Obama administration officials have changed security protocols without changing the color of the threat, such as introducing new airport security measures after a terrorist tried to bring down a Detroit-bound jetliner last Christmas.

By scrapping the colors, President Obama would abandon a system that critics long have said was too vague to be useful and that Democrats criticized as a political scare tactic. And it would represent a formal undoing of one of the George W. Bush administration's most visible legacies. snip

I've never understood why this was an issue to begin with. The colors were completely understandable to me. Why bother with this at the moment?

And if I am going to have to choose between President Bush's interpretation of the TSA and Obama's, I'll take the formers any day of the week. Good grief.

I've never understood why this was an issue to begin with. The colors were completely understandable to me. Why bother with this at the moment?

And if I am going to have to choose between President Bush's interpretation of the TSA and Obama's, I'll take the formers any day of the week. Good grief.

I think we should relate the threat level to Obambi's golf game:

Low=On the fairway

Medium=In the rough

High=Slice into the woods

Very High=Triple bogie

Low=On the fairway

Medium=In the rough

Very High=Triple bogie

:lol:

Well in that case, I'm going to call a Mulligan on the last Presidential election!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Ace! Much to be thankful for, despite the lack of leadership we have. Life is bigger than politics!

Low=On the fairway

Medium=In the rough

Very High=Triple bogie

Ace!

I agree in principle, but I don't think he actually keeps score. Keeping score would require honesty & hard work; to improve your skills & lower your strokes!

Where your suggestion is apt, is that he just swings away and then later decides what the best score is, to give himself. [The way he governs. too]