My First Thankful Thanksgiving

Geee

my_first_thankful_thanksgiving.html
American Thinker:

Thanksgiving was never a favorite holiday of mine. Now that I think about it, I never cared for any of them: 4th of July, Christmas, or Columbus Day (which, by the way, Berkeley long ago renamed "Indigenous People's Day").

If I'm being completely honest here, my main activities during the holidays were ranting and raving. For instance: Why should we celebrate Thanksgiving when the holiday marks the slaughter of Native Americans? Why do these cashiers keep cheerfully extolling me to "have a Merry Christmas!"? And if I hear one more [censored] Christmas song, I will lose my frigging mind.

Of course, I was just one of the progressive pack, parroting the party line. Being a Leftist means honing in on every possible injustice. Never-ending gripes and grievances are the glue that keeps progressives cemented together.

But then, three years ago, the bottom fell out of my life. \ Slowly but surely, it dawned on me that everything I had held as sacrosanct was a lie. I woke up -- and now I behold the world with fresh eyes. Consequently, I am celebrating my First Thankful Thanksgiving.

Instead of laser-focusing on every unfairness, I am now moved by life's bounty. I finally see my great fortune in being born in this country, in this moment in time. Although I used to lambaste the United States and everything it stood for, I realize that I was like a spoiled child -- ungrateful, mean-spirited. snip

righteousmomma

What an example of the reality of God!! Perfect for Thamksgiving, Christmas or Easter.

(btw her:

By doing so, Thomas opened a window for me into the conservative community -- "My Peeps" -- that I would not have discovered on my own. He gave me the chance to find my way to those readers who, quite frankly, changed my life. I can even recall the exact moment when the spark of the Divine was planted in my consciousness.

I was reading a comment by a reader who wrote the oddest and yet most intriguing thing. He/she wrote, "God is revealing Himself to you." I had no idea what the person was talking about; I had never heard language like this before. And yet because my eyes moistened, I knew that a door to something big and transformative had been opened.

I think that I was "the reader" (or at least one of the same)--this was after her first visit to a Christian church at Christmas.

I looked for my comments (under a different and new screen name) to her for a few days and never saw it posted but....

Thank you, Lord God.

What an example of the reality of God!! Perfect for Thamksgiving, Christmas or Easter.

(btw her:

By doing so, Thomas opened a window for me into the conservative community -- "My Peeps" -- that I would not have discovered on my own. He gave me the chance to find my way to those readers who, quite frankly, changed my life. I can even recall the exact moment when the spark of the Divine was planted in my consciousness.

I was reading a comment by a reader who wrote the oddest and yet most intriguing thing. He/she wrote, "God is revealing Himself to you." I had no idea what the person was talking about; I had never heard language like this before. And yet because my eyes moistened, I knew that a door to something big and transformative had been opened.

I think that I was "the reader" (or at least one of the same)--this was after her first visit to a Christian church at Christmas.

I looked for my comments (under a different and new screen name) to her for a few days and never saw it posted but....

Thank you, Lord God.

You know RM, when I read that comment I thought it was you! I have no idea why.

God works in such amazing and unexpected ways. I'm often simply blown away by what he creates in our lives!

I've been reading the comments from my liberal friends (who am I kidding—most of them are liberal!) and I have never seen a grouchier, less thankful bunch of people in my life!

Robin really nails it here. They start out saying nice "Happy Thanksgivings" and end up bashing everything and everyone I hold dear.

Sad, sad, sad. And it makes me not like them all that much. ALSO sad.