Podesta calls on Obama to circumvent Congress

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
podesta-calls-on-obama-to-circumvent-congress
Daily Caller:

Former President Bill Clinton’s chief of staff John Podesta, now the head of the Center for American Progress, called on President Obama to push forward with his agenda using federal agencies and executive branch power Tuesday, even though Democrats were dealt a blow in the recent midterm elections. Podesta said the American people want the president to move forward with his agenda.

“I think most of the conversation since the election has been about how President Obama adjusts to the new situation on Capitol Hill,” Podesta said. “While that’s an important conversation, it simply ignores the president’s ability to use all levels of his power and authority to move the country forward.”

Citing his experience in Clinton’s White House after the GOP House takeover of 1994, Podesta said Obama’s administration “can and should take” the specific measures detailed in a report released by the Center for American Progress, utilizing all the tools at its disposal to circumvent Congress in a way to keep his agenda moving forward.

“One of the best ways for the Obama administration to achieve results of that nature, in the short term, is through substantial executive authority to make and implement policy,” Podesta said. “As noted in the Constitution and the laws of the United States give the president the ability and the responsibility to act as the chief executive using authorities granted to all presidents such as executive orders, rule-makings, agency management and public-private partnerships.”
________

Giving the President the divine right of kings is OK when liberals want it...

So, Government by the People, of the People and for the People means nothing........unless the People agree with the Dims and their liberal masters.

So, Government by the People, of the People and for the People means nothing........unless the People agree with the Dims and their liberal masters.

We just didn't understand their message clearly........they want what they want, so......flog off American's!

We just didn't understand their message clearly........they want what they want, so......flog off American's!

And people wonder why I'm stocking up on guns and ammo. Next, I think I'll need lawyers and money... B)

And people wonder why I'm stocking up on guns and ammo. Next, I think I'll need lawyers and money... B)

If it comes to that, Ace, lawyers and money ain't gonna help.

shoutArgyle!

It was a joke... I have no intention to go on a shooting rampage against anyone. God taught 11B's to shoot, not to be stupid... B)

shoutArgyle!

It was a joke... I have no intention to go on a shooting rampage against anyone. God taught 11B's to shoot, not to be stupid... B)

I took it as a joke, and responded with wry, dry, humor. Like a good wine, it must be savored before you get the gist.

Although, if you were thinking of a shooting rampage, it would give me my first chance to say "I knew him when.....: B)

I was trying to figure out which would be worth less in an emergency........lawyers.....money....lawyers....money...?

Paper money...a toss up; Hard currency....Shakespeare's solution.