Bristol Palin’s dancing on TV set off man in standoff, complaint says

Pepper

article_3a5b6914-f1ce-11df-80f8-001cc4c002e0.html
Wisconsin State Journal:

Black Earth, Wisconsin

Bristol Palin’s dancing on TV set off man in standoff, complaint says

snip
According to the complaint, Cowan and his wife were watching "Dancing with the Stars" when Cowan jumped up and swore as Bristol Palin appeared, saying something about "the (expletive) politics." Cowan was upset that a political figure's daughter was on the show when he didn't think she was a good dancer, the complaint states.
snip

Just doing my part to help!

Clicked on to a thread called "Dupe" and realized I'd been duped by pepper.

So I went to the phone booth, put on my cape and used my powers to fix him. :angry: I DELETED it. :lol:

Back to the subject at hand...

Isn't this why the remote control was invented? When something comes on that I don't like (Tina Fey comes to mind) I just switch channels.

It's not brain surgery!

Rush just now talking of how Palin Derangement Syndrome is in full force with Bristol dancing with the stars.

She's not the best dancer, but she's likeable. -- Rush

rosie.jpg

Liberal Heads exploding.

"This is probably the one time in their lives (Left) that they care about merit."-- Rush

I am not a fan of DWTS, but I watched it last week. It's only the second time I ever did watch it and didn't even watch it to the end. Bristol was definitely the weak link in the sea of professional dancers but how could she not be. It seems to me who doesn't really watch reality shows that all the voting is rigged. It goes without question that Bristol made the finals because Palin's fans all voted for her. But, isn't popularity the point of all voting on any reality show?

I don't understand the point of this silly show. You have professionals competing with people who have never danced in front of an audience. I gave Bristol kudos for having the nerve to get up on that stage. They made her dance without knowing the name of the song she would dance to so she couldn't practice. The pros pulled it off like pros, Bristol couldn't begin to compete. It truly was silly.

I am not a fan of DWTS, but I watched it last week. It's only the second time I ever did watch it and didn't even watch it to the end. Bristol was definitely the weak link in the sea of professional dancers but how could she not be. It seems to me who doesn't really watch reality shows that all the voting is rigged. It goes without question that Bristol made the finals because Palin's fans all voted for her. But, isn't popularity the point of all voting on any reality show?

I don't understand the point of this silly show. You have professionals competing with people who have never danced in front of an audience. I gave Bristol kudos for having the nerve to get up on that stage. They made her dance without knowing the name of the song she would dance to so she couldn't practice. The pros pulled it off like pros, Bristol couldn't begin to compete. It truly was silly.

Stella!

You have professionals d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g people who normally don't dance around the floor in front of an audience. The point of the show is to illustrate what total klutzes most of these celebrities are in real life....as

all of us love to see pompous people skewered. It also shows how some can rise above handicaps through sheer will, athletic ability or guts. Who among us doesn't love Sir Paul McCartney's one-legged ex-wife waltzing? It also shows how hard work and hard exercise can come to naught; if your ego is bigger than your heart.

BTW- By the same logic, Mr.Pi$$y and others that feel the need to "show-the-hate" to Palin & family have the same recourse to the telephone & could sink Bristol with their votes.

My 13 year old daughter started watching DWTS this season specifically because of Bristol. She expected to not like her because she felt it was a daughter trying to capture the celebrityhood of her mother.

Within two episodes she was cheering Bristol on because she really came to like her spunk, her willingness to work hard, take tough criticism and improve week after week without whining.

She doesn't believe she is the best dancer on the show by far...but she DOES believe that she represents "regular people" really well and that is why she's been rooting for her.

What's funny, is that is exactly how I feel about her mother too. :lol:

shoutStella

Never watched more than 5 minutes of DWTS. Never understood it.

Then someone sat me down, gave me some crack, a cell phone, and explained to me how to vote.

Suddenly, all became clear.

PS shoutSrWoodChuck

Thanks for great visual of Sir Paul McCartney's one-legged ex-wife waltzing.

Bristol Palin Transforms Left: They Now Favor Rewarding Merit, Oppose Voter Fraud

by John Nolte

By design or accident, it appears as though a 20 year-old single mother is using the power of popular culture to single handedly transform the left by ginning up their rage to a point where they now see the light when it comes to rewarding merit and opposing voter fraud. This quite possibly ranks as the most important political and social triumph of 2010.

—–

I’ve never seen an episode of “Dancing With the Stars,” but the Left’s uproar over Bristol Palin’s win last night has been impossible to miss. Because I’ve never seen the show I can’t comment over the young woman’s dancing skills (though she obviously has some of her mother’s star quality – which counts, right?). Regardless, to read and hear all the left-wing outrage and hand-wringing this morning over the idea of someone advancing in our society based on something other than merit is a landmark moment in our culture. The very same people who want to give every kid a trophy, end score-keeping in sports, and graduate illiterates because self-esteem is more important than being employable, have suddenly discovered the importance of competition — which can only be good for America.snip

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2010/11/17/bristol-palin-transforms-left-they-now-favor-rewarding-merit-oppose-voter-fraud/

This so much ado about nothing. The RATS will go back to supporting voter fraud as soon as Bristol is gone and merit goes out the window when it comes to 2012. This is nothing more than PDS... :blink:

We haven't subscribed to the local paper since they started suffering from BDS syndrome in 2000 and dissing some of our local politicians who are my friends. We dropped our subscription.

So, this afternoon I'm waiting for my daughter to get her hair cut and they have the local paper in the lobby. I decide to pick it up to see if I should change my mind and resubscribe...since who knows, I could be missing something important.

The front page is mostly wire stories...with one brief article about a local controversy that has pitted the entire towns residents against local authorities (it has to do with a huge mural painted on the front of the locally owned toy store which we all love but the city thinks takes away from our fancy pants "refurbished" downtown...grrrrr). That story was, of course, carefully written with just the facts...followed by "public comments will not be taken." :rolleyes: The paper has consistently sided with the city officials.

Anyway, page two was basically national gosip and one paragraph stories and page three was THIS story. Half of page three of the newspaper was recounting this guy shooting his TV. Are you #$%^&*(n kidding me? Seriously? Isn't there more important stuff to write about...like maybe the fight over earmarks, the looming tax battles, the war in Afghanistan? Something?

They wonder why they just had to lay off two of their five reporters. I'm telling you, these people need a "common sense" transplant. I was really mad.

Of course I sat their placidly along with all the waiting to be beautified folks. But I felt like making some sort of protest sign. And making a fuss. Or going for ice cream. :angry:

Go for the ice cream, Polly.

It's not worth the waste of time, energy, and money to go after a local rag that is probably as down in the dumps as our city paper is. They went radical leftie after Bush won in 2000 while the entire parish was going in the opposite direction.

Now, they're barely on life-support, even the sports section is using USA Today articles to pad their pages. They made a choice on how to go. They chose the wrong way. And now, they can go to Hell...

Same with the Denver Pravda Post. Burns good when starting fires.

BTW- They're laying off reporters to pay for their AP feed, since they no longer worry so much about the truth as it exists; just the truth as ordered to be written.

The "Fourth Estate" is dead........and they're trying to kill or control Citizen Journalism Online, which is the current "Fifth Estate."

Info-tainment = Modern Print Journalism = Bird Cage Liner

Ha! Brilliant.

We watched it last night and as teeth nashed and eyes rolled, I was saying to the tv...as I often do, without destroying it.....WTF! you give people the ability to vote repeatedly...say it is based on fan votes and then you weep and melt down when it doesn't turn out your way?

Bristol Palin Transforms Left: They Now Favor Rewarding Merit, Oppose Voter Fraud

by John Nolte

By design or accident, it appears as though a 20 year-old single mother is using the power of popular culture to single handedly transform the left by ginning up their rage to a point where they now see the light when it comes to rewarding merit and opposing voter fraud. This quite possibly ranks as the most important political and social triumph of 2010.

—–

I’ve never seen an episode of “Dancing With the Stars,” but the Left’s uproar over Bristol Palin’s win last night has been impossible to miss. Because I’ve never seen the show I can’t comment over the young woman’s dancing skills (though she obviously has some of her mother’s star quality – which counts, right?). Regardless, to read and hear all the left-wing outrage and hand-wringing this morning over the idea of someone advancing in our society based on something other than merit is a landmark moment in our culture. The very same people who want to give every kid a trophy, end score-keeping in sports, and graduate illiterates because self-esteem is more important than being employable, have suddenly discovered the importance of competition — which can only be good for America.snip

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2010/11/17/bristol-palin-transforms-left-they-now-favor-rewarding-merit-oppose-voter-fraud/