Reality is starting to sink in for outgoing majority

Geee

129591-reality-is-starting-to-sink-in-for-outgoing-majority-
The Hill:

Many House Democrats this week started the painful process of coming to grips with the fact that their majority has vanished.

Four years after their jubilant return from the political wilderness, they are back in it. And while reactions varied widely, House Democrats acknowledge that recovering from such a devastating loss will take time.

Ousted Blue Dog Democrat Lincoln Davis (Tenn.), glassy-eyed after greeting his fellow Democratic colleagues on the House floor for the first time since the election, said,
“Obviously, folks who lost like me are disappointed; some of our friends are disappointed that I’m not coming back, but that’s just part of politics.”

Outgoing House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) called out Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas) for his claim that Democrats lost control of the House because they didn’t listen to Poe’s warnings not to pass “ObamaCare” and spend “trillions of taxpayer dollars.”

Poe had said, “[Democrats] didn’t listen, and a hurricane named after the American people blew through town. And it was a Category 5, with 63 electoral casualties.”
Conyers, who waited 12 years in the House minority before nabbing his chairmanship in 2007, wasn’t fond of Poe’s speech.snip

Outgoing House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) called out Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas) for his claim that Democrats lost control of the House because they didn’t listen to Poe’s warnings not to pass “ObamaCare” and spend “trillions of taxpayer dollars.”

Poe had said, “[Democrats] didn’t listen, and a hurricane named after the American people blew through town. And it was a Category 5, with 63 electoral casualties.”

Conyers, who waited 12 years in the House minority before nabbing his chairmanship in 2007, wasn’t fond of Poe’s speech. :lmfao:

He said, “There’s nothing more gracious than starting off the session with an ‘I told you so’ lecture. And so I am going to be remembering everything that the gentleman said and try to take it to heart as much as I can.”

Congressman_John_Conyers__public_domain_.jpg

Quoting the leader of your great demise...

"We won and you didn't!"

I wish them the best in all their future endeavors, like it or not.

And this headline put a smile on my face for the rest of the day!

I think Nancy is still in denial, and a there are a lot of other liberals who are still stuck in that stage of grief....

I remember reading an article in Time from the '94 wipeout where a RAT congressional aide went to his boss, a committee chairman, and told him how bad it was. The chairman began pontificating on how he would move people around to fit the new world order, until the aide, exasperated, told him, "We can't move people around! We've lost the House!"

Today, I wouldn't even use Time as toilet paper, but that article was priceless... B)

The fact that they re-elected the San Francisco Pied Piper to her leadership post shows that the Dims didn't really learn anything.

Hardly surprising. It's easier to blame it on the voters than their own policies. They, their campaign contributors, and Obambi prefer to look at the curtain than what's behind it. If they can do it for another 2 years, it'll be a shocking awakening when we lift the curtain for them... B)

Venting . . .

She is a powerful, powerful woman. And you know what they say about a woman scorned. Most of the DemReps in the meeting probably didn't want to find out. At least 43 of them had the nerve to NOT vote for her. Not certain about the sanity of the other 150!

I am galled that this plastic-faced woman will get to continue to be in the spectacular Speaker of the House [physical] offices for even another six weeks. I appreciate it was time to spend millions on updating it so it no longer looks like a "man cave" but wonder if those funds (could not have been put to better use)sarcasm. The view from the window in the office, which overlooks the mall, is spectacular.

1_5_09_SpeakerHouse_NancyPelosi_CapitolBuilding_AP.jpg

Did you notice that she increased the salary total for the Speaker of the House staff by almost a million in 2009 over the total for 2008? I wonder how much they went up in 2010. Does she have to cut her staff in January?

One of my favorite movies of all time, Brazil with Robert De Niro (1985), portrays her so well:

pelosi3.jpg

I do so dislike this person's behavior.