19-year-old gets prison for NYC coffee shop blast

Valin

full
AP/Townhall:

11/16/10

He imagined himself as the anti-corporate antihero of the film and novel "Fight Club," pulling a subversive stunt to spit in the eye of corporate America, authorities said.

(Snip)

Shaw, 19, declined to speak as he was sentenced to a 3 1/2-year term for a May 2009 blast that prosecutors described as a dangerous, ideology-driven exploit that he planned to repeat. His lawyer portrayed it as the inexplicable conduct of a troubled teenager. Shaw was 17 at the time of the blast.

(Snip)

Facing an arson charge that carried a minimum of 15 years in prison, Shaw pleaded guilty in September to lesser charges including attempted arson.

(Snip)

Wait until you use a cell phone in a car, then Ray LaHood will make sure you serve 10 years.

Well you have to have your priorities straight! :rolleyes:

When I see someone talking on a cell phone while driving, I back off and give hem plenty of room.

Wait until you use a cell phone in a car, then Ray LaHood will make sure you serve 10 years.

Well you have to have your priorities straight! :rolleyes:

When I see someone talking on a cell phone while driving, I back off and give hem plenty of room.

witchTextingIncident.jpg

You couldn't drive in Austin, then. There's only so much backing off one could do. (I avoid driving in Austin as much as possible).

On the plus side, while inside, the little miscreant will have the advantage of a first class street education, like:

How to hoard empty TP rolls & trade them to "fresh meat" for cigs & favors.

How to make a perfect jail house burrito using a baggie, top ramen, peanut butter, crackers & a ketsup packet.

How to use plastic rosary beads to make a "cell-ophone land-line;" whipping messages from pod to pod.

How to meet new members of the "jail fight club;" that will lead to exciting new sexual possibilities while being incarcerated.