Name That Party: Another Criminal Democrat Goes Unidentified by Old Media

Rheo

#more-143349
Big Journalism:

Every now and again I like to play “name that party.” This is the fun parlor game where you read a story about a politician that has either been indicted, arrested, or imprisoned and try to guess by the story from which party he hails. If you read the story and no political party affiliation is mentioned, 99 out of 100 times you can be sure that the troubled pol is a Democrat. However, if it is a Republican that is going to jail or to court his party usually makes the first paragraph if not the headline itself.

Well, today we have yet another edition of “name that party” going on in the Old Dominion where Prince George’s County Executive Jack B. Johnson and his wife Leslie have been arrested and charged with tampering with a witness in connection with a criminal offense and destruction of evidence in a federal investigation. Johnson is a Democrat, not that the news helps you learn that little factoid.

As this is breaking news, the story has popped up on the AP, the Washington Post, Reuters, and several other sources. The stories are filled with all sorts of details about the case, what the charges are, the particulars of the crime, the names and offices of those accused, their ages, where they live… all these things fill the various stories that announce the arrest. But one tiny little detail seems to have escaped many of the news stories: the fact that Johnson is a Democrat. It seems like they just plum forgot to mention his political party.

You are shocked, I am sure.

snip

I am sure there are others, but this was my little perusal of the media’s treatment of this story.

In any case, you can be sure that if Jack B. Johnson was “Republican Jack B. Johnson” his party affiliation would have led as the first fact of every story you’d have read on his plight.

And there you have the “name that party” game.

Nov. 12: Prince George's County Executive Jack Johnson, 61, center, speaks to the media with his lawyers Brian McDaniel, left, and Billy Martin, outside U.S. District Court.

111210_fbimd_397x224.jpg

In an affidavit filed in federal court, FBI agents wrote that they recorded a mobile phone conversation between the Johnsons after agents went knocking on their door.

After Johnson told his wife, "Don't answer it," he instructed her over the phone to go upstairs to their bedroom and destroy the check, the affidavit said.

"Tear it up! That is the only thing you have to do," Johnson told his wife, according to the affidavit.

Leslie Johnson then could be heard asking her husband, "Do you want me to put it down the toilet?"

The county executive responded, "Yes, flush that," according to the affidavit, which noted that monitoring agents heard a flushing sound in the background.

Johnson then told his wife to put cash in her underwear, according to the affidavit. After FBI agents entered the home, they searched Leslie Johnson and recovered $79,600 from her underwear.

FoxNews

First William Jefferson hides his cash in the freezer... Now the Johnsons try to hide their cash in the oven!

This is such an old story that it barely raises eyebrows anymore. The LSM will always omit the fact that the perp is a RAT, but will blast it all over the headlines if it's a Pubbie.

IIRC, the LSM still refused to say which party Bill Jefferson belonged to as he was being carted off to jail.

Well at least the AP can get the picture right, that's trackable.

The problem here is that the AP is not protecting a democrat, but a race.

Unfortunately, PG County has become notoriously corrupt in ALL respects.

It is an integral part of that evil triumverate, PG, Montgomery and Baltimore City, that flushes the hopes away of Maryland residents in every election.

This incident is but one glaring example amongst countless others, most of which go unprosecuted.

I'd also like to see the underwear that would hide $79,600....

hmmm, maybe not.