To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

Pepper

hillary-clinton.jpgWashington Post:

Opinion |

One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

By Douglas E. Schoen and Patrick H. Caddell

snip

This is a critical moment for the country. From the faltering economy to the burdensome deficit to our foreign policy struggles, America is suffering a widespread sense of crisis and anxiety about the future. Under these circumstances, Obama has the opportunity to seize the high ground and the imagination of the nation once again, and to galvanize the public for the hard decisions that must be made. The only way he can do so, though, is by putting national interests ahead of personal or political ones.

To that end, we believe Obama should announce immediately that he will not be a candidate for reelection in 2012.

snip

Softening up the left for a Hillary Run

Also see PJmedia Ed Driscoll's The WaPo Shivs The One

shoutNickydog

Yes, his arrogance would get in the way of anything remotely relating to leadership.

Even if Obama decided to follow the path the Washington Post suggests, he doesn't have any leadership skills to carry it off.

Their credentials are impressive. Perhaps they could more personally advise the president, like on a day to day basis. I don't think it is because I am a conservative that their logic seems sound.

"We have both advised presidents facing great national crises and have seen challenges from inside the Oval Office. We are convinced that if Obama immediately declares his intention not to run for reelection, he will be able to unite the country, provide national and international leadership, escape the hold of the left, isolate the right and achieve results that would be otherwise unachievable."

Pepper! Wow, what a scary picture in the original post!

I think Obama needs to take a larger dose of whatever Val, Moo & "Ma" Robinson have been giving him.....or "Ma" can find a good Santeria spell [she's a regular practitioner, despite his attempt to ban her @ WH] to help him.

I'm hoping that we're done with the necessity of the 'minority' cachet in Presidential politics; at least until order in the economy is restored.

Not that a woman wouldn't be able to govern better than Obama, just not Hillary; who [iMO] would be Obama "lite."

To be a really GREAT PRESIDENT, Barack Obama and Joe Biden should both tender their resignations immediately after the new Congress is seated in January.

Posted Image

To be a really GREAT PRESIDENT...

Barack Obama and Joe Biden should both tender their resignations immediately after the new Congress is seated in January.

Boehner-Gitmo-Large1.jpg

Wow! A lifesize John Boehner. :lol: That'll wake a you up on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Yikes!

The important part here is that the article is coming from Schoen and Caddell. (Who are often correct.) The left thinks of them as representing the Democrats in the same way we perceive Frum and Noonan representing Republicans.

In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd like to propose a trade. We'll take Schoen and Caddell and they can have Frum and Noonan.

175px-Hillary-6.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh man, I'm going to get whacked for this, but I think Hillary looks pretty good there. Maybe she could head this way and avoid the pumpkin suits.

Hillary-Bust.jpg

Hmmmmm, this is my favorite, without any suit, shoutpollyannaish

175px-Hillary-6.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh man, I'm going to get whacked for this, but I think Hillary looks pretty good there. Maybe she could head this way and avoid the pumpkin suits.

righteousmomma

Wow! A lifesize John Boehner. :lol: That'll wake a you up on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Yikes!

The important part here is that the article is coming from Schoen and Caddell. (Who are often correct.) The left thinks of them as representing the Democrats in the same way we perceive Frum and Noonan representing Republicans.

In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd like to propose a trade. We'll take Schoen and Caddell and they can have Frum and Noonan.

I agree pollya! 2 guys who can so brilliantly and desperately try to save their party with such coy double entendre need to be on our side.

That first line still reads funny two days later.

:lol:

snip