Top Tea Partier slams Romney (Video on website)

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.gop12.com
GOP12:

David Brody asks Tea Party Express Chairwoman, Amy Kremer, if her group could overlook Mitt Romney's health care program in Massachusetts.

“Absolutely not. I'm being honest here. You know, you can’t get away from that.

.... they’re not going to let go of the health care.”

Guest areafiftyone

Not that I"m a Romney person - but two questions:

1. Who the heck is this woman and who died and made her Chairwoman of the Tea Party Express?

2. Is the Tea Party EXPRESS going to be controlling the presidential election?

In all fairness to Romney, his healthcare plan for Massachusetts was what the RATS used as a model for Obambicare. He'd better be ready to foil the 1000 cuts that come from that if he hopes to survive the GOP primaries, because his opponents won't let Republican voters forget it.

I feel very strongly

1. That the Tea Party Express feels that they received a mandate from the voters

2. The Tea Party Express feels their primary goal is to take over the GOP

3. The Tea Party Express feels its more important to purge RINOs than Democrats

4. The Tea Party Express thinks they will cause so much dissension in the GOP that their chosen one, Palin, will be the only viable candidate

5. The Tea Party Express needs to do this to keep all Palin fans to continue to give big money to the Express. They are used to living as millionaires.

Guest areafiftyone

I feel very strongly

1. That the Tea Party Express feels that they received a mandate from the voters

4. The Tea Party Express thinks they will cause so much dissension in the GOP that their chosen one, Palin, will be the only viable candidate

5. The Tea Party Express needs to do this to keep all Palin fans to continue to give big money to the Express. They are used to living as millionaires.

From what I've been reading about the Tea Party Express - I can tell you that you have hit the nail on the head with all those points. The thing is I didn't know that the Tea Party Express was corporation. Did they elect this chairwoman? Is there a president, Vice President?

I feel very strongly

From what I've been reading about the Tea Party Express - I can tell you that you have hit the nail on the head with all those points. The thing is I didn't know that the Tea Party Express was corporation. Did they elect this chairwoman? Is there a president, Vice President?

The Tea Party Movement actually went to the extreme measure of sending out a press release this summer disassociating itself from the Express. What does that say? The Express needs to stay in the shadows about the corporation so people will have no idea they are not the TPM. It's the only way to take the power from the GOP and make lots of money for the people running it. They will not be happy until they splinter the GOP.

Again, in fairness, I think the Tea Party Express is all about making money, and is definitely not really a part of the movement.

That being said, Romney better get his chainmail and armor on when it comes to the GOP primaries, because his support of Romneycare is going to be fodder for his opponents...

Guest areafiftyone

Well I wish they would stay out of the 2012 race and let the people decide what is good for them. Isn't that what they complained the media did to us in 2008?

Guest areafiftyone

Again, in fairness, I think the Tea Party Express is all about making money, and is definitely not really a part of the movement.

That being said, Romney better get his chainmail and armor on when it comes to the GOP primaries, because his support of Romneycare is going to be fodder for his opponents...

I understand what you are talking about because they are going to go after him on RomneyCare and I think he knows it (at least he better know it). But every candidate has something that bothers certain groups - there is no perfect candidate. So that person has to prove that he is the one out of all of them that can change that group's mind about him.

I feel very strongly

For what it's worth Wikipedia: Tea Party Express

The other (as far as I know) major Tea Party Group is the Wikipedia: Tea Party Patriots

As the above link says this is Dick Army's group.

righteousmomma

I have nothing for or against the Tea Party Express. Only if they start talking Third Party I am against them. They have as much right as any other organization to choose whom they will endorse.

Thanks for the wiki,shout Valin.

It says:

"The Sacramento-based GOP political consulting firm Russo Marsh and Rogers founded the Tea Party Express through its political action committee Our Country Deserves Better (OCDB) in the summer of 2009. Russo Marsh and Rogers is a campaign consultancy specializing in promoting conservative candidates and causes. Sal Russo of Russo Marsh and Rogers serves as the chief strategist for Tea Party Express. Russo worked on a range of establishment Republican campaigns going back three decades. He was an aide to Ronald Reagan when Reagan was governor of California. Russo has also worked for Orrin Hatch, Jack Kemp, and George Pataki. Tea Party Express co-founder Howard Kaloogian is a former California state lawmaker and onetime congressional candidate whose campaign was marred with controversy when a picture posted on his website of a quiet-looking street scene as "proof" that the situation in Iraq was far safer than the media was reporting was revealed in the media to have actually been taken in Turkey. Kaloogian was also a force behind the successful 2003 campaign to recall California Gov. Gray Davis....."

ok but then the wiki closes with this tweak:

"A December 28, 2009 article in Talking Points Memo detailed that OCDB directed almost three-quarters of all its funding to the Republican-affiliated political consulting firm that created the PAC in the first place. According to FEC filings, from July through November 2009, OCDB spent around $1.33 million, and of that sum, $857,122 went to the consulting firm Russo, Marsh, and Rogers.[3][4] OCDB was founded by Sal Russo of the Russo, Marsh, and Rogers.[1]"

So what? I don't get it. Don't consulting firms usually get paid for promoting and consulting?

Did not The Sacramento-based GOP political consulting firm Russo Marsh and Rogers found the Tea Party Express through its political action committee Our Country Deserves Better (OCDB) in the summer of 2009?

So??

righteousmomma

I googled Amy Kremer and her bio is available.

at Tea Party Express.

but as for what she said as a pundit on a panel:

Absolutely not. I'm being honest here. You can't get away from that, that's the thing - the days of people being able to do one thing in their state in front of a microphone, and then going to Washington and doing something else. The Internet, and 24-hour news cycles changed it all, and these people don't have short memories, they're digging up everything from the past, and they're not going to let go of the health care.

Sounds like common sense to me. We have all said the same thing here.

Btw another instance of how an editor or a reporter can tweak the news. I never read a "slam" in what she said. Those were the writer/editor's words.