Indiana's Mitch Daniels Eyeing 2012 Bid

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
indianas-mitch-daniels-eyeing-2012-bid
USNEWS:

Mitch Daniels, the cautious conservative populist governor of Indiana, is taking the first steps to a likely 2012 Republican presidential primary bid, according to associates. An E-mail provided to Whispers by a very close Daniels confidant says that the successful two-term governor is seriously contemplating a run as he considers his options for 2012.

The E-mail reports that while Daniels, a former Reagan-era White House political adviser and George W. Bush's first budget director, never considered running for the highest office in the land. But after reforming Indianapolis and winning reelection in 2008 when President Obama took the state, he has received non-stop encouragement to run from supporters who like his no-nonsense style of governing. It's hit a peak since he helped to orchestrate his state Republican Party's 2010 midterm election rout in Indiana. With nonstop candidate recruitment and fund raising, he helped the party build a 37-13 super majority in the state Senate 60-40 advantage in the Indiana House.

Associates add that Daniels will not be deciding immediately on his presidential plans, but will likely early next year. "It is true that the political timetable for making this type of decision has changed somewhat from previous years. It isn't necessary to declare as early in the cycle as some have previously done, but we all realize the importance of at least letting people such as yourself know if he continues to be serious about his consideration," said the E-mail.

Political analysts say that many Republicans will announce in spring in order to begin fund raising full-time and hiring staff.

As Daniels considers his future, associates say that he is encouraging friends to weigh in via E-mail. Many Whispers has talked to over the past month expect Daniels to run and to compete with Mitt Romney for control of the debate over the economy and spending.
snip

FNC profiled him last week. Mitch Daniels is very impressive. He has an uphill battle, though, since most people don't know him at all. He has a couple of things going for him. He never was a Senator. He also was governor for 2 terms and made the voters happy. He really sounded like someone we should all watch.

Area51! & Stella!

I agree. What I've seen of him showed a very hard worker, that literally wore out shoe leather in his campaigns; and likes his one-on-one time with common folks. That would be a good man to have as POTUS.

Harry Trumanesque? What.......I compared him to a Democrat? You bet.... a stellar Democrat!

Area51! & Stella!

I agree. What I've seen of him showed a very hard worker, that literally wore out shoe leather in his campaigns; and likes his one-on-one time with common folks. That would be a good man to have as POTUS.

Harry Trumanesque? What.......I compared him to a Democrat? You bet.... a stellar Democrat!

He and Pawlenty are my first two choices. If he can raise the cash to get his name known in Iowa and South Carolina, he's got a good chance of winning, because I don't think the GOP base has a tingle in their leg for Romney. ;)

Indiana's Mitch Daniels Eyeing 2012 Bid

A couple of thoughts....

1. In other shocking news scientist today announce that water is very very damp.

2. If you go over the The American Spectator it seems (to me) it's all Mitch Daniels all the time.

Mitch Daniels.....I like that the first thing he did as governor was to decertify all state government employee unions. I would vote for him over any of the 2008 group we had to choose from with no regrets.