Rich Nations Urged to Weigh 'Robin Hood' Tax to Help Poor

Geee

obama-world-leaders-urged-consider-global-tax-rich-help-poorer-nations
Fox News:

As President Obama huddles with world leaders for the G-20 summit in South Korea to weigh proposals aimed at stabilizing the global economy, one idea being pushed is a so-called "Robin Hood tax," aimed at collecting money from rich nations to give to the poor.

The Robin Hood tax -- a global financial transaction fee that could raise hundreds of billions of dollars to pay the cost of the global financial crisis and support developing nations struggling to recover -- is not popular.

While Britain, France and Germany have championed a bank tax for all G-20 nations, finance chiefs from the industrialized nations shot down the idea at a previous summit held in Toronto last summer.

Still, the tax's supporters, which include unions, environmental groups, Comic Relief, UNICEF and others in a multinational coalition, say the tax could go to canceling debt from poor nations. Or it could be used for social programs to fight hunger, diseases such as HIV/AIDS and malaria or other causes, programs to which the United States and other nations already donate billions.snip

Geee! Thanks for the post!

"Stay out of my dang pocket, willya?"

These jerks never give up. This is another Soros plan in the making. We just debunk Global Warming for the fraud it is and they've got this one up and running.

I'd prefer to decide how much & what charity to give my contributions. Thank you, the end & go away!

Robin Hood did NOT steal from the rich.....he stole from agents of the government. He robbed no rich merchants, but tax collectors, advisors and hangers on. He returned the money to those from which it was originally taken.

In that light, a "Robin Hood" tax sounds great. Less money in the hands of the government means more in the pocket of the people...rich, middle class and poor alike.

The Haiti earthquake funds showed this doesn't work. Most of these countries have corrupt leadership and the money never quite makes it to the people who need it. I'm also tired of giving money to the countries who hate us.