Which Politician Has Sold the Most Books?

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
politicalwire.com
POLITICAL WIRE:

The Daily Beast ranks the top-selling politicians in book publishing over the last decade:

1. Barack Obama -- 4,650,000 copies sold

2. Jimmy Carter -- 2,218,000 copies sold

3. Bill Clinton -- 1,899,000 copies sold

4. Al Franken -- 1,777,000 copies sold

5. Hillary Clinton -- 1,491,000 copies sold

6. Sarah Palin -- 1,455,000 copies sold

7. Newt Gingrich -- 1,098,000 copies sold

8. Al Gore -- 913,000 copies sold

9. Ted Kennedy -- 651,000 copies sold

10. John McCain -- 614,000 copies sold

Guest areafiftyone

I wonder how George Bush's book will do? Looks very interesting. I don't have any of these books by any of these politicans and probably won't get them - I have books by Ann Coulter, and a few other political pundits but no books by politicians themselves.

Please take the time to watch GWB's interview with Oprah. It is fantastic. She is a different kind of interviewer and always brings out what makes her subject tick. I miss GWB so very much.

Guest areafiftyone

Please take the time to watch GWB's interview with Oprah. It is fantastic. She is a different kind of interviewer and always brings out what makes her subject tick. I miss GWB so very much.

I will have to watch the repeat. I'm working all day long and have no access to TV. The do repeat at night sometimes. Otherwise I might be able to see it on her website. I miss this guy. He will always be one of my favorites that I voted for.

I will have to watch the repeat. I'm working all day long and have no access to TV. The do repeat at night sometimes. Otherwise I might be able to see it on her website. I miss this guy. He will always be one of my favorites that I voted for.

One of the reasons I wanted to watch this particular interview is that Oprah was no fan of GWB and would not fawn all over him like Hannity will do. Oprah always has the ability to make her audience like a guest. I don't watch her very often but she did the same thing with Palin.

Another interesting question, for me, would be how many books have been written about a president? In contemporary times, I think Clinton would take the award.

Guest areafiftyone

One of the reasons I wanted to watch this particular interview is that Oprah was no fan of GWB and would not fawn all over him like Hannity will do. Oprah always has the ability to make her audience like a guest. I don't watch her very often but she did the same thing with Palin.

I remember the 2000 elections when Gore and Bush both went on Oprah - Gore would NOT kiss Oprah but Bush did. I think that made Oprah think a bit differently about Bush. The man has a heart whereas Gore was made of Nuclear waste!

Guest areafiftyone

Another interesting question, for me, would be how many books have been written about a president? In contemporary times, I think Clinton would take the award.

I can't believe that many people bought Jimmy Carter's book. UGH!

Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant

300,000 copies

For what it's worth...

Publishers of President Bush's 'Decision Points' have printed up 1.5 million copies.

I'm reading it now and (so far) it's pretty good. Very intimate.

Guest areafiftyone

One of my favorite presidents to read about is Abraham Lincoln - I have almost every book on him and on his wife (who was quite a character herself). For some reason I can't get enough of the books on him.

Guest areafiftyone

Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant

300,000 copies

For what it's worth...

Publishers of President Bush's 'Decision Points' have printed up 1.5 million copies.

I'm reading it now and (so far) it's pretty good. Very intimate.

I am hoping that Bush will be at the Barnes & Nobles here in NYC (I CAN DREAM CAN'T I? :P ). I heard he is at one today in Texas and people were starting to line up last night! WOW!!

righteousmomma

Rush interviewed W today and he told Rush that he had just finished signing 2400 books at a store in Dallas. I have 2 or 3 bios already on Bush but am buying this one just for the pure sake of the number count.

Rush interviewed W today and he told Rush that he had just finished signing 2400 books at a store in Dallas. I have 2 or 3 bios already on Bush but am buying this one just for the pure sake of the number count.

Strange that you mentioned this :P

One of my favorite presidents to read about is Abraham Lincoln - I have almost every book on him and on his wife (who was quite a character herself). For some reason I can't get enough of the books on him.

145 years after he was killed and he is still a controversial subject. I really liked and recommend "A Team Of Rivals"

His presidency defined our nation. I recall Shelby Foote saying before the war people said the United States of America, after they said the United States of America.

Guest areafiftyone

There are so many biographers on Lincoln - I tend to appreciate the writings and memoirs of people who were with him - Nicolay and Hay and Noah Brooks (who was Lincolns' personal secretary). Most importantly are the Memoirs of Elizabeth Keckley who was very close to the Lincolns and Mary Lincoln especially. Anyone can write a book on Lincoln but the people who knew him give you a more interesting perspective of him not just as a president but as a human being.

There are so many biographers on Lincoln - I tend to appreciate the writings and memoirs of people who were with him - Nicolay and Hay and Noah Brooks (who was Lincolns' personal secretary). Most importantly are the Memoirs of Elizabeth Keckley who was very close to the Lincolns and Mary Lincoln especially. Anyone can write a book on Lincoln but the people who knew him give you a more interesting perspective of him not just as a president but as a human being.

Thanks I'll take a look.

OH GREAT! Just what I need more books to read. I just hope you can live with the guilt.