Republican Co-Author of Incandescent-Bulb Ban Seeks Chair of House Energy Committee

Geee

upton-s-voting-record-may-pose-problems
CNSnews:

(CNSNews.com) – Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) may have some explaining to do to fellow GOP colleagues as he seeks the chairmanship of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, given the incoming wave of new conservatives who may not appreciate some aspects of Upton's voting record.
Upton joined with Rep. Jane Harman (D.-Calif.) in 2007 to co-author the legislation that effectively banned indoor incandescent light bulbs in the United States. In the last Congress, he an Harman teamed up again to offer new legislation that would extend the ban on incandescent bulbs to outdoor lighting also.snip

righteousmomma

I cannot tell you how much I do not want those bulbs - aesthetic reasons and moral reasons-this is all such a crock and we, the people, are the powerless, silent, frustrated victims --once again.

Upton joined with Rep. Jane Harman (D.-Calif.) in 2007 to co-author the legislation that effectively banned indoor incandescent light bulbs in the United States.

Hot Button Issue Alert!

:wallbash:

I wonder what Samuel Adams would say (or do) about this?

righteousmomma
Upton joined with Rep. Jane Harman (D.-Calif.) in 2007 to co-author the legislation that effectively banned indoor incandescent light bulbs in the United States.

Hot Button Issue Alert!

:wallbash:

I wonder what Samuel Adams would say (or do) about this?

NO KIDDING!

Yes...for this hoax we get..

1..no light (barely visible)

2..double, no, triple the expense

The damn things just don't work worth a poop

Unless Upton can 'splane himself, give him the axe

I did miss that youtube, thanks shoutevad

thanks, shoutPookie

This was in Pookie Toons but just in case you missed it, it fits right in with all the other hoaxes

I refuse to have those blasted contraptions in my house. I look bad enough with incandescent lighting, but fluorescent is just too much to take. I must focus on the fact that he is also very into getting the internet into classrooms and he favors clean nuclear power. Then he doesn't seem quite the ogre. Quite. :blink: