Chris Christie irks NBC’s David Gregory by calling him an ‘advocate’

Geee

chris-christie-irks-nbc%E2%80%99s-david-gregory-by-calling-him-an-%E2%80%98advocate%E2%80%99
Daily Caller:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie irked NBC’s David Gregory — and probably won over more conservatives weary of the media in the process — by suggesting on “Meet the Press” that the host was acting as an advocate for Democrats in the way he spoke about taxes.

Christie, a Republican known for his tell-it-like-it-is attitude, disagreed with Gregory’s characterization of the looming battle in Congress over the Bush years tax rate as “tax cuts.”

Christie, saying such word choice drives him “crazy,” said: “This is maintaining the current tax policy in a weak economy, and what you’re advocating through your question is…”

Gregory interrupted: “That’s not fair. I’m not advocating. I’m questioning whether or not they have to be paid for.”

Christie shot back saying the debate over taxes is not about whether to make cuts, but rather is about whether Congress wants to raise taxes during a bad economy.snip

Chris Christy ROCKS!! David Gregory was ready to be confrontational but C.C. would have none of it. He kept his cool and stayed on message.

righteousmomma

Chris Christy ROCKS!! David Gregory was ready to be confrontational but C.C. would have none of it. He kept his cool and stayed on message.

YES, He does.

David Gregory turned me totally off of him back during the Bush/Kerry days when he was so blatantly pro Democrat and biased.

I thought he was a poor choice to replace someone like Russert and still do. We know Russert was a Dem/liberal etc but he was a different character.

righteousmommashout, I certainly agree with you about Tim Russert. He was an intelligent, caring democrat interested in bipartisanship. What a loss!

shoutrighteousmomma

shoutchickadee

snipDavid Gregory turned me totally off of him back during the Bush/Kerry days when he was so blatantly pro Democrat and biased.

I thought he was a poor choice to replace someone like Russert and still do. We know Russert was a Dem/liberal etc but he was a different character.

Gregory IS a character. Russert HAD character.

That is the difference.