Christine O'Donnell, Chris Coons 'Bury Hatchet'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
odonnell_coons_bury_hatchet.html
Politico:

Christine O'Donnell and her victorious opponent in the Delaware senate race, Democrat Chris Coons, campaigned fiercely against each other during the midterms. But now they've buried the hatchet, quite literally.

The Tea Party darling and the senator-elect buried a hatchet — actually, they put a small ax in a box of sand — in the southern Delaware hamlet of Georgetown on Thursday, the AP reported (via The Huffington Post) in line with a time-honored state tradition.

As policies of Delaware state politics dictate, the senate race contenders took part in a ceremonial horse-drawn carriage and classic car parade, which preceded the hatchet burying.

The expression "to bury the hatchet" evolved from a Native American expression for peacemaking and, ceremonially at least, Coons and O'Donnell were cordial. "Coons gave a thumbs-up signal when asked how he and O'Donnell were getting along," the AP noted.
________

Let the healing begin! :rolleyes:

shoutWestVirginiaRebel

Christine O'Donnell has a helluva lot more smarts and class than people give her credit for. She handled herself well on BOR.

Plus she's easy on the eyes.

righteousmomma

Speaking of "eye candy":

Sarah_Todd_2.jpg

BobDole.jpg

These would be "Firstguys" I would enjoy feasting my eyes on any ole day.

(Bob Dole should give all of you old guys hope. ;) )

(They were both on stage at the rally in 2008 where NCT and I stood in line for 3 hours with estimates of 15,000 other Palin fans and then got packed like sardines inside a hot building for another hour or so. This was a MCCain/Palin rally that got no local media coverage before the event. Word of mouth brought people from an hours drive away just to support Palin)