Obama On ’60 Minutes’: ‘Leadership Isn’t Just Legislation’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
obama-acknowledges-failures-says-leadership-isnt-just-legislation
CBS New York:

NEW YORK (CBS) — After suffering a “shellacking” in the midterm elections, President Obama acknowledges what many have seen as his chief weakness – failing to sell the importance of several legislative milestones to the American people.

“I think that’s a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn’t just legislation. That it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone,” Mr. Obama told 60 Minutes’ Steve Kroft in an exclusive interview set to air Sunday.

“Making an argument that people can understand,” Mr. Obama continued, “I think that we haven’t always been successful at that. And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine carefully … as I go forward.”
________

The people did understand your argument, Mr. President-they just didn't buy it.

From article:

“Making an argument that people can understand,” Mr. Obama continued, “I think that we haven’t always been successful at that. And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine carefully … as I go forward.”

That sawed-off misrepresentation of a President manages in one sentence to be insulting, bone-headed, arrogant, tone-deaf, egotistical and an ideologue all at the same time. Come to think of it, that is the only thing he is good at.

shoutWestViriginiaRebel

Note to the President:

That's quite alright. We get it, sir.

But no thank you, we just don't want any right now.

Making friends wherever he goes: :D

Weasel Zippers

(ABC News) –You may recall that during President Obama’s vacation at Martha’s Vineyard, on August 27 he took in a round of golf at the Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown, playing golf with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg; Democratic lawyer, business man and éminence grise Vernon Jordan; and White House trip director (and former golf pro) Marvin Nicholson.

The pool report at the time said that “We are told Bloomberg and Obama talked in the clubhouse for about 15 mins about the economy. They then went to the driving range.”

Apparently – at least from a second-hand report – the Obama-Bloomberg convo could have gone better.

In an interview with The Australian Financial Review, conservative media magnate Rupert Murdoch says ”Bloomberg said it was a pleasant day. In conversation he put a few ideas … He said it was like verbal ping pong.”

Bloomberg, according to Murdoch, “came back and said ‘I never met in my life such an arrogant man’.”

A spokesman for Bloomberg did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

shoutRheo, NCTexan, Valin, SrWoodChuck, Pollyannaish

I have never ever in my wildest dreams thought of leadership as legislation. Leadership means to lead.

If legislation is this Post-Constitutional President's primary interest, he should have remained in his job as your average and very mediocre "voting present" legislator from Illinois.

The problem is that legislation, meaning coercion of our freedoms to his agenda, is his desire.

shoutRheo, NCTexan, Valin, SrWoodChuck, Pollyannaish

I have never ever in my wildest dreams thought of leadership as legislation. Leadership means to lead.

If legislation is this Post-Constitutional President's primary interest, he should have remained in his job as your average and very mediocre "voting present" legislator from Illinois.

The problem is that legislation, meaning coercion of our freedoms to his agenda, is his desire.

Pepper!

Beginning with his scowling sit-down with "bi-partisan" leaders, to the closed door bill sessions presided over by Rahm Emannuel, to the ego boost signing of Obamacare, with the convict/felon/weasel that wrote the bill from his jail cell, as honored guest......Obama ordered the legislation up on a platter, orchestrated it's passage with bribes and threats......and led by going golfing [54+ times] or on vacation. During the BP spill especially......his golf game was more important.

Leading must mean more appearances on whatever venue will next show his mug.

righteousmomma

From article:

That sawed-off misrepresentation of a President manages in one sentence to be insulting, bone-headed, arrogant, tone-deaf, egotistical and an ideologue all at the same time. Come to think of it, that is the only thing he is good at.

shoutWestViriginiaRebel

SCORE ANOTHER ONE FOR shout PEPPER!!

You nailed it, pepper.

I know I went to school back in the Dark Ages but don't we have the 3 Branches anymore? Remember? Executive, Legislative and Judicial? Or is that more of the Living Constitutionalist's changey thang?

From article:

That sawed-off misrepresentation of a President manages in one sentence to be insulting, bone-headed, arrogant, tone-deaf, egotistical and an ideologue all at the same time.

Pepper!

You win the "Best Single Sentence Analysis of a Single Sentence" Award of the Year.

... to Obambi himself goes the "Best Descriptor of his own Work Effort" Award of the Year.

so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done

"Stuff" really describes his "shovel ready projects".

dog-poop-scoop.jpg