Sarah Palin and Gov. Jan Brewer Make Cher Look Dumb (and Bitter)

Geee

sarah-palin-and-gov-jan-brewer-make-cher-look-dumb-and-angry
Big Hollywood:

Cher has always been somewhat of an enigma. Ageless until recently, when she unwisely showed up at the 2010 VH1 Music Awards wearing the exact same outfit she wore in her 80’s video “If I Could Turn Back Time,” she has weaved in and out of movies and music since making her name via the mid-60’s The Sonny & Cher variety show. Throughout, she has slowly become more vocal about her hatred for the Republican Party, her low opinion of George W. Bush, and most recently, her belief that Sarah Palin is “a dumb woman,” and Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is even “worse.”

Less than a month after Barack Obama was sworn in as President, Cher breathed a sigh of relief by saying the previous eight years of Republican rule had almost “killed” her. I’ve never figured out if the root of her hatred for the Republican Party really rests in George W. Bush, whom she called “stupid,” or in the fact that her former husband, Sonny Bono, traded Hollywood for a career as a Republican Congressman before his untimely death?
And here’s an interesting insight into the “progressive” Cher and the Republican Sonny:
Cher kicked Chastity out of her NY apartment when her daughter came out to her, and it took her a while to come to terms with it. Chastity’s father, the late singer and Congressman Sonny Bono, was said to be immediately accepting and to have already realized that his daughter was gay.
Her own daughter.snip

I can't imagine that this writer cares enough about what Cher thinks or says that he would devote even a sentence to it, let alone an entire article.

Having said that, "Moonstruck" is one of my favorite movies.

I never knew this before the lady who cuts my hair told me so, but the people who go to Cher's shows and follow her are the gays. They are her cult following.

I never knew this before the lady who cuts my hair told me so, but the people who go to Cher's shows and follow her are the gays. They are her cult following.

Yup. Welcome to a whole new subculture.

You run into this a lot when you work in the arts...even tangentially.

Stella,

Sorry, I had to read that twice. I had my screen font set pretty small.

:rolleyes:

"Pepper, you bad, so bad"

But Julie Andrews was going to be a nun (In the sound of music) :D I have led a very sheltered life :o

But Julie Andrews was going to be a nun (In the sound of music) :D I have led a very sheltered life :o

Well let's just say that I have enough gay relatives/friends/acquaintances that I haven't looked at rainbows with innocence since the late 1980s. :lol:

Well, my goodness. The things I have learned at TRR.

However, after looking at the website I recalled Victor/Victoria, shoutStella. But I much prefer The Sound of Music. :D

I always liked the movie "10" and mostly for the music. Ravel's "Bolero" is one of my favorites, although Herbie Mann's "Push,Push" is more "moving."

Julie gave a great minor performance, opposite Dudley Moore; who was hilarious.

Bo Derek provided a good reason why John Derek was seldom seen in anything greater than "The Ten Commandments." Although I think he was also married to two other bombshells, before Bo.