Keith Olbermann Suspended from MSNBC

Rheo

8301-503544_162-20021940-503544.html
CBS:

Keith Olbermann has been suspended indefinitely without pay from MSNBC for making donations to three Democrats in violation of NBC's ethics policy.

"I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night," Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC, said in a statement. "Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay."

Olbermann, who does not hide his liberal views, has acknowledged donations of $2,400 each to Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway and Arizona Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords during this election cycle.

NBC's ethics policy generally bars political activity, including contributions, without the approval of the president of NBC News, Steve Capus, according to a 2007 story on MSNBC.com.

"Anyone working for NBC News who takes part in civic or other outside activities may find that these activities jeopardize his or her standing as an impartial journalist because they may create the appearance of a conflict of interest," it says. "Such activities may include participation in or contributions to political campaigns or groups that espouse controversial positions. You should report any such potential conflicts in advance to, and obtain prior approval of, the President of NBC News or his designee."
snip

Rheo! Thank you for the post!

The lesson here is: Contributing to the election of Democrats.....could lead to unemployment!

The twitters today are pretty good.

# freddoso

RT @ricandersen: Why hasn't anybody said it yet? #Olbermann out means Alan #Grayson in at #MSNBC 3 minutes ago via HootSuite

* Retweet

# freddoso freddoso

RT @mkhammer: Indefinite suspension of Olby seems an incredibly silly overreaction. Not like he endangered his reputation for impartiality.

RT @mkhammer: Indefinite suspension of Olby seems an incredibly silly overreaction. Not like he endangered his reputation for impartiality.

"....reputation for impartiality." Even suggesting this as sarcasm is a hoot.

Olboy had been demoted once, and kicked and screamed when Rachel Madcow assumed "equal" status. This is purely MSLSD finding a chump to take the blame for poor ratings.

I believe this means he cannot seek other employment at similiar rancid media outlets......and must sit on the bench & sulk, while not getting a paycheck. Win-win for MSLSD.

This is strictly rumor, but I read that he had ADA* issues and could not be terminated, so they used this rationale.

ADA* liberal

Ha!

I wonder if they're looking for some of the positive press Juan Williams got. Somehow, I don't think so MSNBC. But cute!

The Two Underlying Reasons Keith Olbermann Was Suspended Today

h/t Tammy Bruce

snip

But that’s changed. Now, Rachel Maddow is getting better ratings than Olbermann in the key A25-54 demographic, and Lawrence O’Donnell isn’t far behind. Olbermann is no longer the center of the strategy either – as the network has unveiled a vibrant, massive new campaign “Lean Forward” which focuses on half a dozen members of the MSNBC talent pool.

MSNBC executives – and executives even higher up the ladder – have to feel secure in their position in the cable news battle, even if Olbermann never returns to the line-up. Which brings us to reason number two: Comcast. The imminent merger and ultimate takeover is a tricky business maneuver, that both GE and Comcast have to be aware of. It has the attention of the government, and it has the attention of the competition. The company doesn’t need bad press right now – especially not one that’s political in nature. It also doesn’t help when Olbermann has previously tweeted things like Comcast wanting “to go more liberal” (a claim that doesn’t seem to be backed up anywhere). And on top of all that, this comes as NBC News appears to want to distance themselves from their more partisan cable channel.snip

I wonder if Chris "Tingly Leg" Matthews will get the same treatment as Olbermenchen. They're both idiots with the same IQ as Al Grayson who can't help hide their moronic liberal partisanship.

In the meantime, I think Keith will find work as a regular panelist on Joy Behar's show, where he drive her ratings deeper into the tank than they already are because there's no way he's gonna get his old job with ESPN back. B)

Hugh Hewitt Blog: Free Keith

Hugh Hewitt

11/5/10

NBC is making itself look more ridiculous than NPR or any MSNBC host ever has with its suspension of Keith Olbermann.

With all the credibility that a two-time "worst person-in-the-world" winner can muster, let me join the chorus of Kos Kids in demanding the return of Keith. The idea of the "ethics" of the network being imperiled by a campaign contribution is absurd.

(Snip)

Update: Et Tu Christopher Hayes? No honor among lefties? "Oh, Keith is suspended? Can I have his job?"

Update: Worst People In The World for Keith organizes.

This is great... reading some of the fringe liberal forums and 'reader comments' on this story sends a tingle up my leg! :unsure:

The Looney Left was already in a fragile state after Tuesday and this has push some of them over the edge. :o

Now that Keith is gone... there is no "centrist" news channel left for them to watch....

"CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN & FOX are all corporate-owned media. They are very right leaning."

"CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN & FOX are all corporate-owned media. They are very right leaning."

Whatever they're smoking would sell like hotcakes if marketed properly.