'There is no center left,' iconoclastic politician says

NCTexan

Alan%20Grayson.jpgThe Raw Story:

Grayson: Democratic ‘appeasement’ cost us the election

'There is no center left,' iconoclastic politician says

Alan Grayson, the defeated Democratic congressman of "die quickly" fame, went on the offensive Thursday, telling reporters that the Democrats' "appeasement" of Republicans cost them the election.

In an appearance on MSNBC and an interview with Salon.com, Grayson argued that the "enthusiasm gap" that prompted millions of liberal voters to stay home Tuesday happened because the Obama administration and congressional Democrats did not fight hard enough for progressive values.

"Our strategy for two years has been appeasement, and look where it got us," Grayson told MSNBC. "I think Democrats want to see a fighting leadership, they want to see a fighting president — somebody who actually accomplishes good things for constituents."

He cited immigration reform, civil rights, women's rights and the Employee Free Choice Act as areas on which the Democrats should have focused.snip

On MSNBC, Grayson quoted from poet William Butler Yeats' "The Second Coming."

"Sometimes, the center cannot hold," Grayson quoted, adding: "There is no center left."

Despite his high profile nationwide, Grayson lost to Republican challenger Dan Webster in Florida's 8th district by a margin of 58 percent to 36 percent -- a trouncing that was not unexpected within the Democratic leadership. The Democratic Congressional Committee stopped sending Grayson money last month, a sign it viewed his race as a lost cause.snip

A very much supported theory by the inhabitants of the DUmp.

The fringes are such mirror images of each other.

How many times have we heard the right-wing fringe version of this?

I don't mean to say that we shouldn't stand for something as conservatives—I just mean that there comes a point where an idealogue has put aside common sense and fallen into lala land.

ritter_jockstrap_big.gif

NCTexan, but has his supporters there:

"Dude, you crashed and burned but I will always respect you for your tenacity. Someone had to call these **ckers to task.

But getting an email everyday asking for money was a little much...I still love you and move to a better district..."

"Thank you Mr. Grayson

Sadly, your words were like "pearls before swine". Most people don't want the truth. You fought the good fight my friend, hopefully, we haven't heard the last of you."

"As we are thanking you, we should be shaming us...

... I worked my ass off again YET AGAIN yesterday, and as I saw hardly any young people come out to vote, I wondered if the same young vote that pushed through progressives like Grayson would be at the polls again in my old stomping ground of Orlando.

They obviously were outnumbered by the crazy, threatened tea-baggers.

Tell me I'm wrong."