California Dreamin'

Geee

california_dreamin.html
American Thinker:

I would like to feel elated about the elections last Tuesday, but alas, I live in California. As the rest of the nation lurches back toward common sense, California defiantly stands as a testament to the power of delusion. Over twenty billion dollars in debt, some of the highest unemployment in the nation, businesses fleeing the bloated bureaucracy's draconian regulations, water policies dooming the farming industry in the vital Central Valley, out-of-control taxation -- all of these crises are political in origin and speak to a legacy of ideological obtuseness combined with incompetence of astonishing magnitude.

I have been striving to understand how my beloved state could again give a chance to Jerry Brown, a career politician and former governor who is in many ways responsible for California's present disasters; allowed the reelection of Barbara Boxer, a corrupt, radical partisan whose intellectual vacuity is an embarrassment; voted down Proposition 23, which would have halted, at least temporarily, the "green" restrictions encumbering our faltering economy; voted in Proposition 25, which will make it easier for politicians to raise already astronomically high taxes; and turned over key posts, such as Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and Secretary of State, as well as a majority of the state assembly and Senate seats, to the party most responsible for California's ruination. I can't wrap my mind around this phenomenon without using metaphor.snip