So long 2010, hello 2012

NCTexan

Snap1-19.gifCNN:

(CNN) -- If every end results in a new beginning, then the start of the next race for the White House begins now.

With the midterm elections barely behind them, the dozen or more possible contenders for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination no longer have to keep up the charade that all of their activity on the campaign trail over the past couple of months was solely about helping fellow Republicans this year and had nothing to do with the next race for the White House.

Among those considering presidential bids who were criss-crossing the country were Mississippi governor and Republican Governors Association chairman Haley Barbour, who made a five-day, 13-state swing in support of GOP gubernatorial candidates; former Massachusetts governor and 2008 GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who campaigned for Republicans in 25 states since August; Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who made a seven-day eight-state tour; and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who finished up a 12-state, two-week tour. snip

I hear that we have until the end of the week to lock in on the one that we support... and learn to really hate the rest!

Guest areafiftyone

Jindal and Jeb Bush are a definite No - the both said they will not run. As far as the others - they are all available! :P

Snap1-19.gif

"I hear that we have until the end of the week to lock in on the one that we support... and learn to really hate the rest!"

Let's pick them off today

Hoohah

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Jindal and Jeb Bush are a definite No - the both said they will not run. As far as the others - they are all available!

Not to start a ruckus... ;)

...but since Jeb and Bobby are off the list, I'll throw in a home team favorite as a replacement!

ChristineOD.jpg

I hear that we have until the end of the week to lock in on the one that we support... and learn to really hate the rest!

it-makes-me-crazy.jpg

"Don't tell me that!"

Fortunately, the LSM doesn't dictate when I decide who I want to vote for in another year and a half. I'm pretty sure Jindal and Christie are both going to sit out 2012, and Haley Barbour has been hedging on questions about him running(IMHO, I don't think he will, or really wants to run).

Jeb won't run because it's too soon since Dubya left office. Newt and Palin should sit this one out since they're carrying way too much baggage from the LSM and RATS mudslinging. I personally like Rick Santorum, but don't think he stands a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

When I run the equations, I keep coming down to three GOP'ers who can not only win the nomination but beat Obambi: Romney, Pawlenty, and Mitch Daniels.

Snap1-19.gif

"I hear that we have until the end of the week to lock in on the one that we support... and learn to really hate the rest!"

Let's pick them off today

Hoohah

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

wcfieldsw_c_fields_03.jpg

"I never voted for anybody. I always voted against."

Fortunately, the LSM doesn't dictate when I decide who I want to vote for in another year and a half. I'm pretty sure Jindal and Christie are both going to sit out 2012, and Haley Barbour has been hedging on questions about him running(IMHO, I don't think he will, or really wants to run).

Jeb won't run because it's too soon since Dubya left office. Newt and Palin should sit this one out since they're carrying way too much baggage from the LSM and RATS mudslinging. I personally like Rick Santorum, but don't think he stands a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

When I run the equations, I keep coming down to three GOP'ers who can not only win the nomination but beat Obambi: Romney, Pawlenty, and Mitch Daniels.

I would like to point out that Tim Pawlenty is a hockey player...and knows how to give a facewash

hockey.jpg

righteousmomma

shoutAceRimmer

I personally like Rick Santorum, but don't think he stands a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

NAAAAH he ain't photogenic. Has a crooked off center nose.

shoutAceRimmer

I personally like Rick Santorum, but don't think he stands a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

You know what that means, don't you?

:rolleyes:

shoutAceRimmer

You know what that means, don't you?

:rolleyes:

Pelosi wouldn't give him the name of her plastic magician? :P

I agree.

I agree.

I really don't want anyone from 08 to run. Right now it is between Pawlenty and Daniels. I will not support Romney in the primary.. I would like see Rubio or Jindal be on the ticket..

I would like to point out that Tim Pawlenty is a hockey player...and knows how to give a facewash

hockey.jpg

So Tim may install a hockey rink in the White House???

I really don't want anyone from 08 to run. Right now it is between Pawlenty and Daniels. I will not support Romney in the primary.. I would like see Rubio or Jindal be on the ticket..

I agree, no one from 2008 is of interest to me and Pawlenty and Daniels are at the top of the list. They have been governors and not just Senators.

I agree, no one from 2008 is of interest to me and Pawlenty and Daniels are at the top of the list. They have been governors and not just Senators.

I don't want any 2008 replay either. The MSM and the Dem AND some of the Pub establishment have tainted Sarah and I don't think she can recover. I would like to see a women VP candidate again however. Liz?

I don't want any 2008 replay either. The MSM and the Dem AND some of the Pub establishment have tainted Sarah and I don't think she can recover. I would like to see a women VP candidate again however. Liz?

Liz would be great. The Cheney connection might be hard to overcome. Who else?

That is the only reason why I supported Mitt.. He was a Governor..

Daniels says he has no intention of running for president, or any other public office after he leaves as Governor of Indianna. Hopefully someone can change his mind. He has done even more than Chris Christie has in New Jersey. He even de-certified all of the state public employee unions, a move that should be made at EVERY level of government.