Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

WASHINGTON (AP) - Even with voting already under way, President Barack Obama furiously worked the phones to urban-format radio stations Tuesday, arguing that his agenda would be "all at risk" if Republicans trampled Democrats.

No racial politics here... and you wonder why we have events like the Charlottesville , VA incident posted up-thread.

Snap1-17.gif

Guest areafiftyone

http://www.politico.com/hp/wbarchive/whiteboard11022010.html

November 02, 2010 - 03:25PM

LIGHTS, CAMERA ... -- Democrats are looking to boost voter turnout in Philadelphia by calling in some celebrities, like Tatyana Ali (from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air") and the rapper Common.

Ha. Some real celebrities. Now, bring out the rapper, Uncommon, and I'm there. :P

They call them celebrities? I guess I'm getting old! :rolleyes:

DanaPerino

I'll be on Fox News discussing election results in the 9 pm hour. Yesterday, I predicted Repubs will pick up 53 seats.

* I am disappointed that no one grabs that GIGANTIC GAVEL Pelosi taunted the Tea Party with on the way to vote on Obamacare and subjects it to a ritual burning — like Jimi Hendrix burning his guitar at Woodstock.

snip

Rheo!

I agree with the gavel, but have a minor point:

Jimi made love to his guitar & set it on fire at the Monterey Pop Festival, after playing, "Wild Thing."

Jimi Burns Geetar

He started playing "Purple Haze" at Woodstock & 'morphed' that into the "Star Spangled Banner" to close the festival.

Jimi's Star Spangled Banner

Just made a run to the local grocery to get a couple bottles of wine and some 'Smart Pop'...

The DEMs have been telling us how smart they are... I need to get RM and myself 'smarted up' to watch the results come in.

orville-redenbacher-smart-pop-0110-de.jpg

Thanks for that info SrWoodChuck! I could go correct Jim, but not sure I want to lose another FB friend. Ha.

I don't want to see anyone making love to Pelosi's gavel though. :lol:

Just made a run to the local grocery to get a couple bottles of wine and some 'Smart Pop'...

The DEMs have been telling us how smart they are... I need to get RM and myself 'smarted up' to watch the results come in.

orville-redenbacher-smart-pop-0110-de.jpg

Ha. We went and did the same thing, wine and popcorn. Just not smart pop. Guess we aren't smart enough yet.

1st polls close in less than an hour!

One of the first races to look for is at 6 p.m., when the first polls of the day close in Indiana and Kentucky. If Rep. Joe Donnelly, the incumbent Democrat in Indiana’s 2nd district, can’t defeat Republican challenger Jackie Walorski, that might be the first sign that GOP gains are going to be much higher than 50 seats. If Democratic Rep. Gerry Connolly in Virginia’s 11th district and Democratic Rep. Rick Boucher in Virginia’s 9th district get knocked out when polls there close at 7 p.m., that will be the second sign of an epic wave.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/02/the-waves-momentum-the-palin-effect-and-obamas-rationale-for-defeat/#ixzz14A5CkH4R

Indiana State Elections

Kentucky State Elections

Virginia State Elections

Guess we aren't smart enough yet.

Maybe we just need it more!

I doubt that. Although, we did get 6 bottles of wine so we are no slouches in the smarts dept. ;)

Can someone PLEASE get the hook and take Shepard Smith off FOXNEWS today? He was unbearable a few minutes ago when he was interviewing John McCain (who was unbearable himself).

Shepard asked McCain if he'd support Sarah Palin for President. McCain sputtered and spewed and said he wasn't ready to endorse anyone. And that we had a long way to go before making a decision for 2012.

Why couldn't he have just said, "If Sarah is the Republican nominee... of course I'll support her... but it's a long way to go before we see who's running and have to make that decision."

Watching Shepard and John reminded me of these two guys...

dumb.jpg

Shepherd Smith does not play in this house. The remote is in action the minute he shows his face.

Community organizing group ACORN files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy

snip

Lewis lashed out at conservatives in her farewell message on Tuesday.snip

"The ongoing political onslaught caused irreparable harm. This effort was a clear attempt to cast a shadow over the historic 2008 Presidential election, and set up a far right counter offense. Through those attacks we re-tooled and re-organized," she said. "Then again came the right-wing media blitz. This time of edited videos that misrepresented our mission, and consequently misled the public. The pressure and cost of defending ourselves in multiple investigations as a result of the falsified videos has eroded our organization."

snip

Source:

The Hill: ACORN files for bankruptcy

Gee, that's a shame. But they will be reincarnated as Obama's Orderlies or something to that effect.

Can someone PLEASE get the hook and take Shepard Smith off FOXNEWS today? He was unbearable a few minutes ago when he was interviewing John McCain (who was unbearable himself).

Shepard asked McCain if he'd support Sarah Palin for President. McCain sputtered and spewed and said he wasn't ready to endorse anyone. And that we had a long way to go before making a decision for 2012.

Why couldn't he have just said, "If Sarah is the Republican nominee... of course I'll support her... but it's a long way to go before we see who's running and have to make that decision."

Watching Shepard and John reminded me of these two guys...

dumb.jpg

Shepherd Smith does not play in this house. The remote is in action the minute he shows his face.

Geee! NCTexan! Righteousmomma!

I watched because at our house, MrsSrWoodchuck is up for lunch & we must be fair.

I did think it was SadShep & ScaredShep today, which makes me happy.

Why can't every day be an Ole Miss football game?

Gee, that's a shame. But they will be reincarnated as Obama's Orderlies or something to that effect.

Pepper!

I'd settle for having many of them "reincarcerated!"

AP on exit polls: Four in ten voters say they are worse off financially than they were two years ago

This is hard to believe that 60% of the nation is better off, unless you are considering Union Leadership and Obama's Czars. That's a bunch.

Since it is AP, you could double that number and still look at at it cross eyed.