Christine O'Donnell, GOP and Tea Party Senate hopeful, regrets 'I'm not a witch ad'

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
2010-10-21_christine_odonnell_gop_and_tea_party_senate_hopeful_cant_name_a_democrat_shed_wa.html
NY Daily News:

Christine O'Donnell regrets her words -- at least the ones in her "I'm Not a Witch" ad.

The GOP Delaware Senate candidate acknowledged that the recent ad -- made to appease the uproar over comments she made in the 1990s declaring she "dabbled in witchcraft" -- only made the situation worse.

"I haven't publically stated this, and I don't know if I'll get in trouble for saying it, but our intention was to kill it, and that's not what happened," the Tea Party darling said on ABC's Good Morning America on Thursday.

She said she hopes voters will go to the polling booths with the idea that "this is a woman who wants to lower our taxes," and not "a woman who is not a witch."
snip

Guest areafiftyone

Who is advising her? I thought Palin's crew were helping her out.

Actually Christine did respond to that question about Palin coming to campaign for her in her interview this morning:

Said O'Donnell: "Well we've tried to schedule it. We've been talking to her going back and forth exchanging dates and I don't know if we'll be able to get it in within the next 2 weeks, we're both trying very hard... I don't know. Time is getting short."

If Palin does come it will be too little too late.

Is this the post where I continually defend O'Donnell from those that don't live in Delaware, but can't seem to stop pointing out her obvious flaws, outlined by HuffPo & the NYT; in relation to her opponent's perfect shining record & Marxist plans for our beloved country?

No comment.

Is this the post where I continually defend O'Donnell from those that don't live in Delaware, but can't seem to stop pointing out her obvious flaws, outlined by HuffPo & the NYT; in relation to her opponent's perfect shining record & Marxist plans for our beloved country?

No comment.

I made a similar comment on another thread.

Guest areafiftyone

Actually this was an interview she gave this morning on Good Morning America. Video is on ABC. All this is coming from her mouth. No need to defend her because there is nothing to defend. If it comes from her directly - she does not need any defending. She's a big girl and wants to be a Senator - she has to control what comes out of her mouth. We can't do it for her. I don't think any distortion was made on this by the news. As far as the remark about Palin - she said it herself as I quoted.

Here is the video from this morning.

Good Morning America

She gave a good interview and made an offhand remark at the end when the reporter asked. I don't think it was a big blunder.

I think you see the impact of her statements when you get around people who have nothing to do with blogs. Blogs of like minded people just reinforce your views. Whether candidates like it or not, their words are taken out of context and used in ads all the time. Christine O'Donnell has done more damage to herself than anyone has done towards her. She is running for the US Senate and if she is elected will be on serious committees. Her background falls short and her embellishments just draw attention to it. If the Express and Sarah Palin would not have gotten involved in Delaware, would we even know who Christine O'Donnell is - probably not.

Whether those of you defending her realize this or not, there are lots of Republicans furious at what has happened in Delaware because of the interference of Palin. It's on the radio stations out here and a lot of Republicans are shaking their heads wondering what is going on there and why is the GOP losing a seat they should have won.

The GOP blew it big time on this one. I can't wait until this election is over so we don't ever have to hear the name Christine O'Donnell again. Karl Rove and Krauthammer were right about this, as they usually are about things going on with the GOP.

Guest areafiftyone

The GOP blew it big time on this one. I can't wait until this election is over so we don't ever have to hear the name Christine O'Donnell again. Karl Rove and Krauthammer were right about this, as they usually are about things going on with the GOP.

I'm sure you will be seeing her on Fox as a new Fox News political analyst or contributor or whatever you call it.

I'm sure you will be seeing her on Fox as a new Fox News political analyst or contributor or whatever you call it.

Are you guys talking about Senator O'Donnell? :)

I think you see the impact of her statements when you get around people who have nothing to do with blogs. Blogs of like minded people just reinforce your views. Whether candidates like it or not, their words are taken out of context and used in ads all the time. Christine O'Donnell has done more damage to herself than anyone has done towards her. She is running for the US Senate and if she is elected will be on serious committees. Her background falls short and her embellishments just draw attention to it. If the Express and Sarah Palin would not have gotten involved in Delaware, would we even know who Christine O'Donnell is - probably not.

Whether those of you defending her realize this or not, there are lots of Republicans furious at what has happened in Delaware because of the interference of Palin. It's on the radio stations out here and a lot of Republicans are shaking their heads wondering what is going on there and why is the GOP losing a seat they should have won.

Stella!

Coons & Biden are such a great examples of what is most "fitting" for a Senator from Delaware. Biden's blunders go spinning out into space......that great empty unkown that matches what's between his ears. He & Coon's have the credentials, the gravitas, the money & influence that it takes for the Senate. Sadly, they won't be there to represent the people of Delaware, but to consolidate power for special interests, and move the progressive agenda; that prefers the death of our Bill of Rights, and personal freedoms in exchange for one world government.

BTW- Had no one thought to give him a chance, Abraham Lincoln would have remained the most awkward, self-educated country bumpkin of the 19th century; rather than a great emancipator that "blundered" during the Civil War, but managed to save our beloved republic.

He would be the uncredentialed bumbler you'd be posting about now, instead of O'Donnell. That's the nature of prejudice , when it doesn't fit our pre-conceived notions about what should be, while denying someone else the chance to succeed or fail on their own merits; even if that prejudice, means the loss of all we hold dear.

......and we already know from their experience & solid fact; what a credentialed Biden or Coons will do.

Stella!

Coons & Biden are such a great examples of what is most "fitting" for a Senator from Delaware. Biden's blunders go spinning out into space......that great empty unkown that matches what's between his ears. He & Coon's have the credentials, the gravitas, the money & influence that it takes for the Senate. Sadly, they won't be there to represent the people of Delaware, but to consolidate power for special interests, and move the progressive agenda; that prefers the death of our Bill of Rights, and personal freedoms in exchange for one world government.

BTW- Had no one thought to give him a chance, Abraham Lincoln would have remained the most awkward, self-educated country bumpkin of the 19th century; rather than a great emancipator that "blundered" during the Civil War, but managed to save our beloved republic.

He would be the uncredentialed bumbler you'd be posting about now, instead of O'Donnell. That's the nature of prejudice , when it doesn't fit our pre-conceived notions about what should be, while denying someone else the chance to succeed or fail on their own merits; even if that prejudice, means the loss of all we hold dear.

......and we already know from their experience & solid fact; what a credentialed Biden or Coons will do.

I completely understand what you are saying and agree with you. My big concern is that nobody will acknowledge that she is a weak candidate. I also don't like her being such a weak candidate because she is a she. Her background is terrible. At least Biden has a law degree although he's a horrible candidate, too. I truly am sorry that she has made the media big time. We have so many good strong candidates but all attention is being drawn to Delaware.

Stella!

I completely understand what you are saying and agree with you. My big concern is that nobody will acknowledge that she is a weak candidate. I also don't like her being such a weak candidate because she is a she. Her background is terrible. At least Biden has a law degree although he's a horrible candidate, too. I truly am sorry that she has made the media big time. We have so many good strong candidates but all attention is being drawn to Delaware.

It does not matter how qualified or unqualified a candidate may be, a conservative is not going to get a fair shake in most media outlets. Her gaffs are unfortunate, but not all that unusual. As to her background, does Biden's law degree make him a better representative for the state? Coons also has a law degree, as well as degrees in Chemistry, Poli-Sci, and Divinity.....does this make him a better candidate? Both are a gaff prone as O'Donnell, yet the media turns a blind eye to both.

The truth of the matter is that there is no degree that makes one a better representative. It can actually be argued that a law degree is a hindrance, as well as a conflict of interest, to a legislator.

Regardless, Delaware has a closed primary system, so the Republican voters of the state chose their candidate. Although Palin and the Express endorsed O'Donnell, it was the voters of the state that voted for her. While the rest of us can lament the possible loss of a Senate majority, the folks in Delaware are making their own decision as to whom they wish to have represent their interests in Congress.

For the record, I have not been making these posts to defend or promote O'Donnell as a candidate....not having paid any more attention to Delaware politics than the rest of the country did before the primaries I don't know that I would have voted for her myself. This has simply been an exercise in getting everyone to look beyond the coverage and the hype and to give her, and the process, a fair consideration. I'm rooting for her, since even with her "short comings" she is still the better candidate. Education does not endow one with wisdom....an idiot with a degree is still an idiot.

Stella! We are in agreement that she is flawed, as in "naive" or ignorant in the ways of politics; but not in an uneducated way. She is not stupid, which implies an inability to retain information.

It's interesting, because I admire her for the fact that she is a woman, in fact a very ordinary woman in many ways; but she has the fire & courage to attempt a run for office, to serve her country in a time of trouble and endure the slap-downs that come with her choice. I think she's brave & patriotic.

If this was really a ho-hum race, there'd be nothing from the MSM. The fact that this is Biden's Democratic "legacy," and that the new Senator will be installed immediately, makes it a higher profile. [Like Kirk in Illinois, if he takes over for Burris, I hope]

Rove was a brilliant political tactician for 43, but the national politics have changed into a nuanced different game.

I really like & respect Krauthammer, but again, there is a different pulse to conservative politics at least, and his insight is valued, but coming from the same ivory towers as Rove. Dick Morris has been on both sides of the aisle & I'm profoundly grateful that he is conservative now; because he is a street fighter, and with his inside knowledge of the Clinton's & Dem politics.....I find he has a truer note about the tenor & nuance of battle.

From her Twitter post:

"I just heard my opponent backed out of the Del State Univ debate this Sunday. I guess all that flip flopping wore him out."

4 minutes ago via txt

SrWoodChuck!

Jumping Jehosaphat. Thank the Lord that Christine O'Donnell isn't a Democrat.

I'd hate to hear some TRR'er feel about Dems. Some posts have the feel of a *** lite forum.

:D