How Badly Do I Want to See Nick Popaditch in Congress?

Valin

how-badly-do-i-want-see-nick-popaditch-congress
The Campaign Spot:

Jim Geraghty
10/16/10

(Snip)

Given a choice between Nick Popaditch in Congress and a Jets win in the Super Bowl… well, I think the Jets are built to have a lot of good years ahead. Let’s get Nick in Congress starting January.

Help him out now; he’s already done a lot for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0r82KSl2sY

Who is Nick?

Now I'm not saying if you don't contribute to this campaign I'll move in next door and make your life a living hell...but you never know. :evil:

Valin.. I saw your ping to me at FR. Glad you are a big Nick fan.. I am too.

He's my guy!!

Congress needs a Gunny!

If anyone has not read Once a Marine: An Iraq War Tank Commander's Inspirational Memoir of Combat, Courage, and Recovery You really really need to do yourself a big favor...inspiring.

From Booklist

The autobiography of a retired marine gunnery sergeant, invalided out from wounds received in Iraq, is, first off, sheer good reading for anyone fond of portrayals of committed warriors. Popaditch wanted to be a marine more than anything else in the world, and tried to stay in even after being hit in the head with a rocket. During his 15-year career, he specialized in armor, and he throws a good deal of light on the marines who fight in tanks, the like of which is often missing in other, more infantry-oriented accounts. He and his freelance-journalist collaborator also provide rare exposure of how the corps looks from the perspective of a noncommissioned officer whose loyalty to it doesn’t blind him to its vices and limitations. Collections with strong military holdings will want to add this for the sake of both Iraq War and Marine Corps coverage.

"America has always been blessed by wonderful, patriotic, and often anonymous men and women who have sacrificed so much in defense of liberty and freedom. Once a Marine, Gunny Sergeant Nick Popaditch's heart-wrenching and inspiring memoir, puts a name and a face on this sacrifice. Every American should read this book to remind them of what these brave warriors of freedom endure on our behalf."- Congressman Bob Filner, Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

wonder if Bob wants to retract this? :D

shout Valin

Didn't know if you caught this or not. Hugh Hewitt interview of Popaditch.

Interview

Yes I did. He or his people are starting to make the rounds. I really want to see Nick win....it would make my day.

Debate: Nick Popaditch vs Bob Filner this Thursday!

California’s 51st Congressional District Candidate Nick @Popaditch and Incumbent Bob Filner have agreed to a debate sponsored by the Joint Chambers of Commerce of El Centro and Brawley.

The debate will be held on Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:30p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Plaza De La Cultura Building. Imperial Fairgrounds Imperial, Ca.

The format will be an opening statement and closing statement of one minute. There will be three sections to the debate, each section utilizing a different format. First section will be direct question and response. Second section will be single candidate questions with rebuttal and response. Third section will be an all-candiate “lightning round” where a question is asked of both candidates and each will have 45 seconds to respond.