We Don't Need No (Leftist) Education

Geee

we_dont_need_no_liberal_educat.html
American Thinker:

David Horowitz is one of those rare people who change lives. I know, because he changed mine.

When I started snapping out of my Leftist trance three years ago, I had nowhere to turn. I didn't have the foggiest idea why thugs were surrounding Obama. Weren't the progressives the good guys?

I turned to my local Borders bookstore for some answers. There I found the writings of David Horowitz, to which I could immediately relate. Like me, Horowitz was a Jew from New York who was hoodwinked by radicalism.

But that's where the similarities stopped. My parents were JFK-type liberals who loved this country. Horowitz was a red diaper baby.

Horowitz is also many years my senior. While he was a fiery radical during the '60s, I was (blessedly) too young to participate in those violent and misogynistic times. I came of age during the comparatively mellow feminist revolution.

A leader in the civil rights movement, Horowitz plotted revolution with such notorious characters as the Black Panthers' Huey P. Newton. Horowitz implored college students at rallies to burn down buildings. My only illicit action was plastering This Degrades Women stickers onto billboards in Manhattan subway stations.

Horowitz also woke up and got a clue decades before me. Since then, he has made it his life's mission to expose the Left's extreme agenda. Like a modern-day prophet, Horowitz forecast that a Shadow Party, masterminded by George Soros, would seize control over the Democratic Party. Tragically, Horowitz's predictions have come true with the (s)election of Obama.snip

righteousmomma

Two of my personal favorites. I have long read Horowitz -including his autobiography. So good to see these "reformed radicals" together in one article. She writes quite a tribute to Horowitz --who deserves every word of praise.

Of course, college students face swift retribution should they deviate from the progressive party line. Conservative students may be shunned, publicly humiliated, and punished with low grades. The radical professors, while holding themselves up as holier than thou, have no qualms about throwing their weight around and abusing their power.

There was one conservative professor in the Poli-Sci department when I was in college(he was also the only one who could give an entertaining lecture) and he retired before I gave up on the rest of them. The rest were hardcore liberals. One of these arses answered my suggestion, in front of the entire class, that Reagan deserved the credit for the falling of the Berlin Wall a day or so earlier. He told me that it was a valid viewpoint, but he'd flunk me if I made that argument in a test.

I switched majors to History the next day. At least those professors were about 50/50 in their political views, and they weren't boring windbags(well, one or two were, but it was way better than the dullness in Poli-Sci classes).

BTW: we also had a "Free Speech Alley" in the university's quad where liberals would scream irrational things about Bush the Elder and conservatives were shouted down and harrassed off the stump, usually by the Student Body President who was a lot like Obambi, except for being white, and a bad comedian.