Giuliani says Democrats stoke ethnic rift

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
ci_16311098?nclick_check=1
Mercury News:

WESTMINSTER, Calif.—Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Monday said a Latina congresswoman's remarks about Vietnamese and Republicans trying to unseat her reflect Democrats' push to pit people against each other and a mindset of "ethnic warfare."

Giuliani made the comments at a press conference in the country's largest Vietnamese immigrant community while campaigning for Republican Van Tran, who is running against Democratic incumbent Loretta Sanchez for California's 47th Congressional District.

"It is pretty clear that they were an attempt to make this race into some kind of an ethnic conflict, a class conflict, which is really what the Democrats are trying to do, this whole class warfare, ethnic warfare," Giuliani told reporters in a mall in the heart of Orange County's Little Saigon against a backdrop of fruit and flower shops and a kiosk selling golden Buddhas.

Giuliani made the stop in Southern California to endorse Tran, who is the first serious challenger Sanchez has faced since she was elected 14 years ago, and Republican U.S. Senate candidate Carly Fiorina.

The race for Orange County's only Congressional seat held by a Democrat has grown heated in recent weeks since Sanchez said in a Spanish-language interview on Univision that "the Vietnamese and Republicans" were trying "to take this seat from us... and give it to this Van Tran who is very anti-immigrant and very anti-Hispanic"—words she later conceded were poorly chosen.

snip

The Democrats are the worst kind of bigots. They keep minorities down with their policies and their fear mongering about the GOP. The ironic thing is that they do worse things to poor people who don't realize what is happening to them because of their Democratic support.

During the last primary I was a Mitt Romney guy, but as time has gone on I'm thinking Rudy was the only candidate that could've beaten "The One".

During the last primary I was a Mitt Romney guy, but as time has gone on I'm thinking Rudy was the only candidate that could've beaten "The One".

It certainly would have been more fun. Wonder who his VP would have been?

It certainly would have been more fun. Wonder who his VP would have been?

I'm thinking not Sarah,

Yup. If Hillary had won, then Romney was the guy. But once Obama won, Guiliani was our only hope.

Honestly, McCain was our weakest option.

I think the way the Republican Party works, Romney is next in line.

Romney is only next in line if the voters agree :D I have always liked him and think he is the best qualified to get us out of this economic mess. Can he get past Romney Care?

I still feel sad about Rudy. He would have made a great President but didn't want it badly enough to fight for it. That Primary was the only election I have ever sat out. Rudy had already withdrawn and McCain was on his way to winning the Primary. I couldn't make myself vote for him :(

I think the way the Republican Party works, Romney is next in line.

Romney is only next in line if the voters agree :D I have always liked him and think he is the best qualified to get us out of this economic mess. Can he get past Romney Care?

I still feel sad about Rudy. He would have made a great President but didn't want it badly enough to fight for it. That Primary was the only election I have ever sat out. Rudy had already withdrawn and McCain was on his way to winning the Primary. I couldn't make myself vote for him :(

I don't recall voting in that primary either. I agree with you about Rudy, he just didn't have that fire in his belly. He would have been savaged for his personal life though. Maybe he didn't want to go through that. With him out of the race, Mitt would have been my second choice. Is Romney Care as bad as Obama Care? I kept hearing different opinions as to how it was working up there. Figured it was just everyone being partisan. I agree he would have handled the economy so much better than any of the other candidates. When does the presidential campaign begin? Right after the mid-term? They get longer every cycle don't they? And Hillary's folks are starting to leak to the press. Gonna be a fun one.