In Wisconsin, the 2010 campaign story distilled

Geee

43444.html
Politico:

OSHKOSH, WI. — Until last fall, Ron Johnson was just an intensely private guy with a good business and a nice house on Lake Winnebago. He kept a stack of Wall Street Journals next to his bed, folded just right so he wouldn't forget to read columnist Dan Henninger on this or Paul Gigot on that. A trim, silver-haired businessman, he was rich but unknown, even in this, his hometown, despite big donations to Lourdes High School and his thriving plastics company here.

Running for office never crossed his mind.

Barack Obama changed all that.

Until last fall, Wisconsin seemed destined to again send a Democrat to the Senate, just like it had for 18 years, since Sen. Russ Feingold leveraged a clever, no-skeletons-in-my-closet campaign to oust Republican Robert Kasten. Feingold, plenty liberal but with a cantankerous streak that fit the times, seemed a sure bet to go back to Washington.

Obama might be about to change that too.

The story of the 2010 election — the Tea Party drama, the anti-Obama tension, the prominence of right-wing media figures and a wounded Democratic incumbent – all can be distilled in one state, Wisconsin, and through one candidate, Johnson. snip

We also have Scott Walker who is doing very well against Barrett for Governor. The Dems however are getting desperate and have now put out an ad that was put together the same way that Alan Grayson's ad was. Little snippets to make it look like he said things that he did not. They know that if an election is close in Wisconsin they will win with vote fraud, so they are trying to narrow his lead with any dirty tricks that they can. It's the worst that I have ever seen.

We also have Scott Walker who is doing very well against Barrett for Governor. The Dems however are getting desperate and have now put out an ad that was put together the same way that Alan Grayson's ad was. Little snippets to make it look like he said things that he did not. They know that if an election is close in Wisconsin they will win with vote fraud, so they are trying to narrow his lead with any dirty tricks that they can. It's the worst that I have ever seen.

I do worry about Wisconsin because people from Illinois, who have started early voting now, will show up in Wisconsin to vote. They brag about it, too. Have they tightened up the same day registration and voting in Wisconsin, Gee? That was just asking for all sorts of mischief.

Nope, no that I'm aware of. KeeptheRepublic from WA used to work at the polls, but I don't know if she will anymore. You are not allowed to ask anyone any questions, nor are you allowed to ask for any identification-so whats the point?

Nope, no that I'm aware of. KeeptheRepublic from WA used to work at the polls, but I don't know if she will anymore. You are not allowed to ask anyone any questions, nor are you allowed to ask for any identification-so whats the point?

Illinois is like that, too. I was an election judge for years. It's really annoying to have lawyers from the AG's office standing over your shoulder to make sure you don't ask anyone for their ID. Johnson better win by a wide margin. I always thought GWB won his last election in Wisconsin and it was stolen from him.