McMahon for US Senate (NY POST Endorses McMahon)

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
mcmahon_for_us_senate_3KkI21UqqE6eEnzhsLZ50L
NY POST:

The Post today endorses Republican Linda McMahon for the US Senate in Connecticut.

By all rights, McMahon would seem to be the ideal political neophyte seeking office: Well-spoken, intelligent and CEO of one of the state's largest and most successful businesses, which has brought 600 jobs to Connecticut.

The problem is that her business is professional wrestling -- immensely popular, to be sure, but an enterprise that strikes many as in dubious taste, at best. Still, it's not as if McMahon plans on hiring Hulk Hogan as her top aide.

She is running on a ticket of fiscal conservatism, combined with socially moderate positions. While not a Tea Party candidate per se, she clearly has tapped into the voter anger and frustration that has fueled the movement.

snip

Guest areafiftyone

I'm glad they endorsed McMahon. I'm not counting on them to endorse Paladino. They have been trashing him for the past week.

pollyannaish
She is running on a ticket of fiscal conservatism, combined with socially moderate positions.

My kind of candidate right there. AND when they say she has tapped into the tea party issues, they are correct. Because the grassroots tea party is a movement about SMALL GOVERNMENT and FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY. Those are the ideas that bind various other groups together at this point.

MILFORD, Conn. -- Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown is scheduled to campaign in Connecticut for fellow Republican Linda McMahon in a closely watched U.S. Senate race.

Brown is expected to join McMahon at a rally in Milford Saturday afternoon. It will be the first campaign visit on McMahon's behalf by a nationally known politician. snip

WaPo

Guest areafiftyone

MILFORD, Conn. -- Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown is scheduled to campaign in Connecticut for fellow Republican Linda McMahon in a closely watched U.S. Senate race.

Brown is expected to join McMahon at a rally in Milford Saturday afternoon. It will be the first campaign visit on McMahon's behalf by a nationally known politician. snip

WaPo

WOO HOOO!! :lol:

It is going to be fun to watch the results come in 11-3. I think I heard her opponent in a debate claim she is a sponsor or involved with Girls Gone Wild? True?

Not being an 'elite' has the D's panties in a wad. You go girl!!

Evidently WWE did a single cross-promotional type of event, or were featured in Girls Gone Wild movie or pay per view thing.

Can't wait for the Politicians Gone Wild or Senators Gone Wild tie-ins at WWE events.

Didn't want to start a new thread:

Campaign 2010 – Wisconsin Senate Debate w/ @russfeingold & @ron4senate (via MPTV) – LIVE at 9pm ET on C-SPAN

Didn't want to start a new thread:

Campaign 2010 – Wisconsin Senate Debate w/ @russfeingold & @ron4senate (via MPTV) – LIVE at 9pm ET on C-SPAN

I'm not seeing it on my C-Span schedule. Do I need to go to MPTV?

We could have a live thread if any interest.

We could have a Friday Night thread to discuss whatever as the news is pretty slow.