Republican Linda McMahon creates panic by asking Democrat Dick Blumenthal how to create a job

pollyannaish

pollyannaish
linda-mcmahon-dick-blumenthal-jobs
I Hate the Media:

The scene: The Connecticut debate between successful businesswoman Linda McMahon and lifelong bureaucrat hack Dick Blumenthal.

McMahon, who’s created thousands of jobs, looked Blumenthal straight in the eye and asked a simple question: “How do you create a job?”

snip

Video at the link

One of the shows on FNC yesterday timed the difference between his stuttering, bumbling attempt at an answer timed out at almost a minute and a half. McMahon needed less than 30 seconds to show how dumb he was. It was hillarious. B)

pollyannaish

What I don't understand is why Blumenthal is winning in the polls. :unsure:

We'll know after election day. I am suspicious of polls this year, based on questions I've been getting when they call me. There are some assumptions that pollsters are making that may be giving them skewed results. I've been polled by Gallup three times, Rasmussen twice (I think it was him...aren't some of his polls automated?) and several state polling outfits several times.

When the automated calls called, they would ask several questions like: Are you registered, what is your party affiliation, how likely are you to vote in this election and are you going to vote for Rossi or Murray. That's it.

The Gallup polls shaded their questions to make them very difficult to answer. "You say you are a registered Republican. Do you agree or disagree with the tea party movement?" Well...that depends!

Anyway, in my experience Rasmussen has the right methodology. Ask simple questions and you will get closer to the truth.

Guest areafiftyone

What I don't understand is why Blumenthal is winning in the polls. :unsure:

We'll know after election day. I am suspicious of polls this year, based on questions I've been getting when they call me. There are some assumptions that pollsters are making that may be giving them skewed results. I've been polled by Gallup three times, Rasmussen twice (I think it was him...aren't some of his polls automated?) and several state polling outfits several times.

When the automated calls called, they would ask several questions like: Are you registered, what is your party affiliation, how likely are you to vote in this election and are you going to vote for Rossi or Murray. That's it.

The Gallup polls shaded their questions to make them very difficult to answer. "You say you are a registered Republican. Do you agree or disagree with the tea party movement?" Well...that depends!

Anyway, in my experience Rasmussen has the right methodology. Ask simple questions and you will get closer to the truth.

I was only polled once when Bloomberg was first running for Mayor. I hated it and couldn't wait to get off the phone. I'll never do one again.

With cellphones being so prevalent today, I wonder who they are polling. Even though they say they call cellphones, with caller ID, I

wonder how many answer.

pollyannaish

With cellphones being so prevalent today, I wonder who they are polling. Even though they say they call cellphones, with caller ID, I

wonder how many answer.

Apparently me. :lol:

wonder how many answer.

Apparently me. :lol:

You so silly. :lol:

I saw that clip. Blumenthal must have been busy (serving in Vietnam)sarcasm when How to Create A Job for Dummies book came out.