O'Donnell Complains Of 'Character Assassination

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
index.html
CNN:

Newark, Delaware (CNN) -- Delaware Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell is asking voters to give her a second look. At a candidate forum sponsored by a group of local Republicans, O'Donnell blamed her campaign's recent troubles on unfair coverage in the "liberal media."

"I've put my name on the line. And I've taken a lot of hits ... a lot of character assassination," O'Donnell said.

A local GOP leader moderated Wednesday night's tightly controlled event, asking the candidate her positions on taxes, spending and the new health care law. O'Donnell did take a few questions from the audience. But she left the forum via a back door and did not stop for interviews with reporters.

snip

Every single GOP candidate out there right now can complain of the same thing. It's called running for office and it won't get better if you are elected to the office. I hate to say this but it sounds like more whining and she needs to stop it. She makes women candidates look bad.

pollyannaish

The tea party/tea party express candidates are struggling with image across the country, and getting a lot of bad press. And Palin, who is not even running, is in the news constantly. I'm actually getting really tired of them.

But there are a LOT more races out there than these. So my question is this: Who are the candidates that TRRers are supporting and why? In which states?

In Washington State, we're supporting Dino Rossi for Senate, who I believe has a very good chance of actually kicking Patty Murray out of office this year. Dino is the guy who beat our Governor, Christine Gregoire, the first two times they counted...but lost in the third recount. He also lost in his second bid against her.

He's a great guy, solid business man, and very well suited to Washington State residents...who tend to be much bluer than much of the rest of the country. I have no doubt that at some point he will deemed a Rino, but I think he has good character and will represent us well and appropriately.

I am looking forward to contributing a member to the GOP majority in the Senate for a change! :D

Our congresswoman is Cathy McMorris Rogers. She's great, and we really like her. Our district is the one that knocked our man, Tom Foley out of the speaker's seat with George Nethercutt in the 90s. That was the most fun I've ever had in politics. We attended a lot of fundraisers that year and were so proud of that accomplishment...even though members of our own family had worked on his staff as interns years before. Needless to say, Rogers seat is a safe one and we plan on keeping it that way.

Right now, those are our only opportunities to contribute to change this year on a national level, and we're doing the best we can. Hopefully we can soon rid ourselves of the pain that is Gregoire. Oy. I could go on and on about that one and the damage she is inflicting on our state in the form of taxes...but that is a discussion for another day.

I'm really curious to hear who other TRR's are supporting and why.

Guest areafiftyone

Every single GOP candidate out there right now can complain of the same thing. It's called running for office and it won't get better if you are elected to the office. I hate to say this but it sounds like more whining and she needs to stop it. She makes women candidates look bad.

Well Palin is going to campaign for her sometime this month - they can both complain about the liberal media together. If O'Donnell can't stand the heat she needs to quit the race right now. Does she think it's going to get any better if she goes to Washington? She needs to grow up. She is not Senate material. Maybe she should try something a little less stressing for her first job.

In Illinois, I am supporting Mark Kirk for Congress. He has been my Representative for 8 years and I like him. He is a graduate of Georgetown and earned a Master's at The London School of Economics. He's also reads all the bills before he votes on anything. He is a smart man who had to lean center left because of the District that I live in. Why he embellished his resume, we will never know because it was outstanding without the embellishment. Right now, we need people in the Senate who understand economics, and Mark is one of these people. The Express tried to run a candidate to defeat, Kirk, and he only got 5% of the Primary vote. People in Illinois will not vote for a social conservative who runs on social issues. It's just the way it is. Kirk actually fits in with what a lot of voters want, a social moderate who is a fiscal conservative. I just hope he hasn't done himself in. His opponent was interviewed by the Tribune. He is the Illinois state Treasurer. He could not give one area where the budget could be cut and agrees with all the spending done by his mentor, Obama, in DC.

Bill Brady is running for governor. I will vote for him but am worried about him. Over and over again, I hear people saying they don't know who he is much less why they should vote for him. His ads emphasize he is the answer to the state's financial problems and he's not the Democratic governor, Quinn. But, he never says what he will do to get the state out of its mess. He is making promises that will be difficult to keep without saying how he will do this in a Union run state.

The DNC is going all out trying to win my district's House seat that Kirk is leaving. They are running an Obama look alike that doesn't even live in my district. Both Obamas will be here to campaign for him YUCK! The GOP is running a social conservative, Dold. This race will be very interesting and the Dems see this seat as vulnerable for takeover.

Guest areafiftyone

Unfortunately here in NY - things are going very badly. Paladino is losing BIG TIME to Cuomo and Gilibrand is leading in the polls for Senate. But such is life in New York. I'm so used to losing here - I sometimes think it's not worth voting.

pollyannaish

Unfortunately here in NY - things are going very badly. Paladino is losing BIG TIME to Cuomo and Gilibrand is leading in the polls for Senate. But such is life in New York. I'm so used to losing here - I sometimes think it's not worth voting.

Is there a conservative democrat you could vote for that is solid?

I have done that in state elections, although I generally don't in national elections.

One of the things I keep thinking about is how many great leaders we would have missed out on in this country if we'd had the media and scrutiny that we have now. On some level, we're all crazy...and those who make the biggest impact in the world tend to be the craziest somehow!

I think the perfection of this country is in its chaotic imperfection, I really do. If it makes any difference, as crazy as Paladino sounds sometimes, maybe he is just the kind of shake 'em up craziness we need to knock us out of the doldrums! :lol:

pollyannaish

In Illinois, I am supporting Mark Kirk for Congress. He has been my Representative for 8 years and I like him. He is a graduate of Georgetown and earned a Master's at The London School of Economics. He's also reads all the bills before he votes on anything. He is a smart man who had to lean center left because of the District that I live in. Why he embellished his resume, we will never know because it was outstanding without the embellishment. Right now, we need people in the Senate who understand economics, and Mark is one of these people. The Express tried to run a candidate to defeat, Kirk, and he only got 5% of the Primary vote. People in Illinois will not vote for a social conservative who runs on social issues. It's just the way it is. Kirk actually fits in with what a lot of voters want, a social moderate who is a fiscal conservative. I just hope he hasn't done himself in. His opponent was interviewed by the Tribune. He is the Illinois state Treasurer. He could not give one area where the budget could be cut and agrees with all the spending done by his mentor, Obama, in DC.

Bill Brady is running for governor. I will vote for him but am worried about him. Over and over again, I hear people saying they don't know who he is much less why they should vote for him. His ads emphasize he is the answer to the state's financial problems and he's not the Democratic governor, Quinn. But, he never says what he will do to get the state out of its mess. He is making promises that will be difficult to keep without saying how he will do this in a Union run state.

The DNC is going all out trying to win my district's House seat that Kirk is leaving. They are running an Obama look alike that doesn't even live in my district. Both Obamas will be here to campaign for him YUCK! The GOP is running a social conservative, Dold. This race will be very interesting and the Dems see this seat as vulnerable for takeover.

I don't understand the embellishment thing either (and am not familiar with what happened itn Kirks case)...but I will say that as someone who is trying to land a job I am constantly worried about either over, or under, selling myself. Sometimes embellishment is in the eye of the beholder!

Now, if you say you attended or got a degree from a school you didn't, or something like that it's different. But when it comes to what you've accomplished and what you were responsible for it can get pretty murky. I think the trick in those cases is how you respond to the accusations of embellishment, rather than the embellishment itself.

I have done that in state elections, although I generally don't in national elections.

One of the things I keep thinking about is how many great leaders we would have missed out on in this country if we'd had the media and scrutiny that we have now. On some level, we're all crazy...and those who make the biggest impact in the world tend to be the craziest somehow!

I think the perfection of this country is in its chaotic imperfection, I really do. If it makes any difference, as crazy as Paladino sounds sometimes, maybe he is just the kind of shake 'em up craziness we need to knock us out of the doldrums! :lol:

In Illinois, you never have to declare a Party unless you are an election judge. I also vote for Democrats in the state elections because they are the only ones who can win. The GOP always puts a token name on the ballot, who nobody ever heard of, and then they won't give him/her a cent to run a campaign. I want to have a say over who wins a state or county office. I always vote GOP for the federal offices.

I don't understand the embellishment thing either (and am not familiar with what happened itn Kirks case)...but I will say that as someone who is trying to land a job I am constantly worried about either over, or under, selling myself. Sometimes embellishment is in the eye of the beholder!

Now, if you say you attended or got a degree from a school you didn't, or something like that it's different. But when it comes to what you've accomplished and what you were responsible for it can get pretty murky. I think the trick in those cases is how you respond to the accusations of embellishment, rather than the embellishment itself.

Kirk is an officer in the active reserves and goes overseas during every winter break. He put on his resume he was part of active duty in Iraq and was in combat which wasn't true. I heard him say so and even told people on a blog he was doing this. There was also something with an award. He did receive a service award but not the one listed. That was a clerical error.

He has served in Afghanistan so why he felt he needed to add in Iraq nobody knows. He's apologized and said he was wrong to do so. We'll see if his apology is accepted or if people would rather vote for the Mob Thug who paid no taxes on his over a million dollar salary last year.

Guest areafiftyone

Oh I'll throw my vote to Paladino but He's not going to win unless something comes out on Cuomo that is so bad that he steps down.

Oh I'll throw my vote to Paladino but He's not going to win unless something comes out on Cuomo that is so bad that he steps down.

shout areafiftyone

Living in Delaware, I feel your pain. I found it helps to always vote for the R knowing that they won't win, but maybe it sends a message to the D that not everyone is on their side and they will be watched. And then sometimes, surprises like O'Donnell happen even though my vote for her was just to send a message to Castle. Now I will be sending a message to Coons. And who knows, maybe another surprise.

This was in our Gannett rag today:

--

Obama, Biden coming to Delaware for Coons

OCTOBER 7TH, 2010, AUTHOR: GINGER GIBSON, CATEGORIES: DELAWARE IN D.C., ELECTIONS

After weeks of speculation it’s official.

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will be in Wilmington next week to stump for U.S. Senate candidate Chris Coons. They will be at the Grand Opera House on Friday at 11 a.m.

Tickets to the event start at $100.

Some had questioned whether Obama would make an appearance, after concern that some of his falling national popularity would hurt candidates. But Obama’s approval numbers in Delaware have remained high.

Biden has already made two visits to the state to help Coons, one fundraising event and a speech at his headquarters in the days after the Republican primary surprise.

---

Why does Coons need the two big hitters coming here to help him? He has plenty of money and allegedly leads in the polls. Internals saying something else?

Guest areafiftyone

shout areafiftyone

Living in Delaware, I feel your pain. I found it helps to always vote for the R knowing that they won't win, but maybe it sends a message to the D that not everyone is on their side and they will be watched. And then sometimes, surprises like O'Donnell happen even though my vote for her was just to send a message to Castle. Now I will be sending a message to Coons. And who knows, maybe another surprise.

This was in our Gannett rag today:

--

Obama, Biden coming to Delaware for Coons

OCTOBER 7TH, 2010, AUTHOR: GINGER GIBSON, CATEGORIES: DELAWARE IN D.C., ELECTIONS

After weeks of speculation it’s official.

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will be in Wilmington next week to stump for U.S. Senate candidate Chris Coons. They will be at the Grand Opera House on Friday at 11 a.m.

Tickets to the event start at $100.

Some had questioned whether Obama would make an appearance, after concern that some of his falling national popularity would hurt candidates. But Obama’s approval numbers in Delaware have remained high.

Biden has already made two visits to the state to help Coons, one fundraising event and a speech at his headquarters in the days after the Republican primary surprise.

---

Why does Coons need the two big hitters coming here to help him? He has plenty of money and allegedly leads in the polls. Internals saying something else?

Oh I've always voted straight Republican and I probably always will. The problem is we really haven't had a winner since Pataki and Giuliani.

And to prove anyone can be a Senator:

Minnesota Sen. Al Franken is lending his support to fellow Democrat Chris Coons in Delaware's U.S. Senate race.

The former Saturday Night Live comedian joined Coons for a campaign rally at a union hall near Wilmington on Thursday, giving a speech that was part political pep talk and part standup comedy routine.

al_franken_bunny_diaper_answer_103_xlarge.jpeg

Is it a good idea to have Franken stump for you?

And to prove anyone can be a Senator:

Minnesota Sen. Al Franken is lending his support to fellow Democrat Chris Coons in Delaware's U.S. Senate race.

The former Saturday Night Live comedian joined Coons for a campaign rally at a union hall near Wilmington on Thursday, giving a speech that was part political pep talk and part standup comedy routine.

al_franken_bunny_diaper_answer_103_xlarge.jpeg

Is it a good idea to have Franken stump for you?

Clearvision!

He's just the "pet" of Harry's "pet." I don't know how it would affect Coon's Pro-masturbation vote, though.