O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
ALeqM5j8hsT8D5tbgYJSTpzBQP_OeVQG1wD9IL037O0?docId=D9IL037O0
AP:

WASHINGTON — Republican Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell of Delaware said in a 2006 debate that China was plotting to take over America and claimed to have classified information about the country that she couldn't divulge.

O'Donnell's comments came as she and two other Republican candidates debated U.S. policy on China during Delaware's 2006 Senate primary, which O'Donnell ultimately lost.

She said China had a "carefully thought out and strategic plan to take over America" and accused one opponent of appeasement for suggesting that the two countries were economically dependent and should find a way to be allies.

"That doesn't work," she said. "There's much I want to say. I wish I wasn't privy to some of the classified information that I am privy to."

snip

Guest areafiftyone
"That doesn't work," she said. "There's much I want to say. I wish I wasn't privy to some of the classified information that I am privy to."

When her opponent challenged her claim about having secret information, O'Donnell suggested she had received it through nonprofit groups she worked with that frequently sent missionaries there.

:wacko::blink::unsure::rolleyes:

In 2006, China didn't own the deed to America yet......in 2010, it does.......accident......or perception?

China is a great country & culture. I've heard the same things from people that worked there in business & others as missionaries. The Chinese contributed heavily & illegally to both Clinton's [bill] & Gore's campaigns. Is there any reason why they wouldn't want to conquer the US?

That would be news.{IMO}

pollyannaish

Well, I have to admit, I don't know if they were plotting it or not...but they've done a pretty good job of getting their fingers really deep into the financial underpinnings of the country.

That said, we heard the same thing about the Japanese in the 80s.

I think the best thing to focus on is the damage debt in and of itself (whoever owns it) does to our country. When the bank owns your house, the bank owns you. The same principle applies to the huge debt we have as a country...no matter who owns us.

Wasn't her opponent in 2006 Chinese? Her last name was Ting.

AreaFifty-One!

Some "Tings" never change!

[ That was very unPC of me.....I should be beaten.]