Angle: “I’m not sure I can win” if Ashjian’s in, nat’l GOPers “have lost their principles,” need to “leave me alone”

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
angle-im-not-sure-i-can-win-if-ashjians-natl-goper
Las Vegas Sun:

That’s just some of what GOP Senate nominee Sharron Angle said during a meeting Wednesday evening with Tea Party of Nevada candidate Scott Ashjian and Tea Party of Nevada Chairman Sid James at the home of Richard Ziser, who lost to Harry Reid in 1994 and now is an adviser to the Angle campaign and also participated in the conversation.

A tape of the 38-minute meeting that I have obtained provides a rare window into the kinds of discussions that take place during campaigns behind closed doors, redolent of the authenticity that disappears in public or in TV ads.

The conversation reveals Angle almost desperate to show Ashjian they are like-minded, that they both disdain the major parties, but insistent that the Tea Party of Nevada contender could help Reid win if he doesn’t embrace her candidacy. Ashjian emphasizes he believes a third party is the only way and that he believes he can garner a fifth of the vote, which seems fantastically optimistic, to put it mildly.
snip

After the Primary, the Tea Party needs to step back. This is going to be a disaster. The race is close to begin with. The arrogance of the Express dictating candidates is breath taking especially when they back bad candidates like Angle and O'Donnell.

Guest areafiftyone

Unfortunately the GOP is no longer the party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Reagan. It is now the party of Beck, Palin and Limbaugh. It is no longer the party of better ideas, fiscal conservatism, and good foreign policy etc. It is the party of paranoia, anger, revenge and accusations. No one has ideas anymore, all they do is rant and rave. I have yet to hear good solid policy come out of any of the candidates yet.

Unfortunately the GOP is no longer the party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Reagan. It is now the party of Beck, Palin and Limbaugh. It is no longer the party of better ideas, fiscal conservatism, and good foreign policy etc. It is the party of paranoia, anger, revenge and accusations. No one has ideas anymore, all they do is rant and rave. I have yet to hear good solid policy come out of any of the candidates yet.

This is one of the reasons why it was so good that you posted that article about the Express. People need to look at exactly who is on that Board. They are making the decisions about who should be on every single state ballot for Congress and have millions of dollars to make their wishes come true. They are not the original TPM and I cannot bring up that point often enough. Who elected these guys anyway and gave them so much power?

What is going on in Nevada is truly alarming. We had a chance to win this election and now the TPM leader out there wants an apology from the Express. This is not about the Tea Party!!!! It's about taking back our country and they seemed to have lost sight of this.

Guest areafiftyone

It is all about money and power unfortunately. The problem is the Tea Party Express has taken over and the Tea Party Movement of the "Average Joe" will follow them thinking this is one and the same. They will be duped. I'm afraid after the November elections it will be too late. The Tea Party Express has taken over. They want full control over the GOP and will unfortunately get it because they are flush with cash. The movement will merge with the express if it hasn't done so already. Personally I'm not a member of the Tea Party Movement. I went to the rally in NY - enjoyed myself and had wonderful time - but once I saw the takeover start to happen and read about it - I became leery of it. Well we will see what happens.