Mid-Air Refuel Mishap Forces Evacuation...

ErnstBlofeld

ErnstBlofeld
Mid-Air-Refuel-Mishap-Forces-Evacuations-one-104209924.html
NBC San Diego:

A jet used to refuel planes in mid-air, lost its 90-foot hose over a Carmel Mountain Ranch neighborhood on Saturday, forcing a home to be evacuated.

The 90-foot hose and fuel basket from a Marine Corps C-130 jet landed on top of a home in the 13000-block of Fontanelle Place, forcing the San Diego Fire Department to evacuate the home in case of a spark.

Homeowner Cashmere Monroe home had just returned home from running errands when she heard some noise on her roof. A neighborhood came and said you need to look at your roof.

"I looked at it and thought what the heck," Monroe said. "My neighbor told me exactly what it was and I went inside and called 911."

The San Diego Hazardous Materials team was called in to help with the clean up.

A representative form the Marine Corps said Marine investigators will look into the cause of the accident.

"We are very fortunate nobody was hurt in this incident," said Major Jay Jay De La Rosa. The Major would not say what the aircraft was doing at the time of the incident.

The jet is part of the 3rd marine aircraft wing based at MCAS Miramar. No word if the Jet was part of the Miramar Air Show.