The Special Moment of the Day: Jake Tapper makes Robert Gibbs tap dance

Rheo

jake-tapper-makes-robert-gibbs-tap-dance
IHatetheMedia:

ABC News’ Jake Tapper really should win some sort of award for Reporter of the Year. Day in and day out, he’s been tougher on the Obama administration than any other mainstream reporter.

On Thursday, for example, Tapper badgered press secretary Robert Gibbs, asking him to explain the President’s claim that congressional Republicans are holding middle class tax cuts “hostage.”

“As I understand it,” Tapper correctly noted, “Democrats haven’t introduced a bill in the Senate, and the Republicans have. Wouldn’t there have to be a bill that Republicans are threatening to block or [are] blocking before anything is being ‘held hostage’?”

Gibbs broke out his tap shoes and put on a display worthy of Gregory Hines in his prime.

“I don’t know what bills have been introduced in the Senate,” Gibbs tapped. “Obviously, I think the — the posture of — I don’t think the bill would have to be the existence of — I mean, I think their rhetoric alone, from Senator McConnell and others, have been that the price of — there’s a $700 billion price tag on moving forward on the tax cuts for the middle class. That’s the tax cuts for the wealthy.”

If politics were baseball, Gibbs would announce that Obama struck out ten batters before the umpire hollered, “Play ball.”

----
Watch the video at the link...they are hammering Gibbs.

I would think ABC is kicking themselves for not hiring Jake for This Week rather than Amanpour. Nobody, or fewer, are watching her than ever. At least Jake knew what to do on the show.

I would think ABC is kicking themselves for not hiring Jake for This Week rather than Amanpour. Nobody, or fewer, are watching her than ever. At least Jake knew what to do on the show.

No kidding. Just saw this.

You have to wonder what on earth ABC’s “This Week” host Christiane Amanpour is thinking by holding a so-called town hall meeting this close to a pivotal midterm election.

snip

However, perhaps the most alarming statement on Amanpour’s program came from Anjem Choudary, a former British solicitors and Muslim cleric that spokesman for the group Islam4UK. Choudary contends eventually you’ll see global Islamic rule, including here in the United States.

snip

“We do believe as Muslims the East and the West will be governed by the Sharia,” Choudray. “Indeed we believe that one day the flag of Islam will fly over the White House. Indeed, there’s even an oration of the Prophet where he said, ‘The day of judgment will not come until a group of my…’”snip

At times, Amanpour’s program appeared to break into almost Jerry Springer-like program, but with just religious themes, including people applauding and cheering from the audience.

Since Amanpour has taken helm of “This Week” from Jake Tapper, the program has suffered its lowest ratings since 2003. Perhaps the recent direction of the program is an indicator.

Red White and Blue News

via Newsbusters.