Obama feels for DC kids assigned to bad schools yet he’s refused to help them

Geee

obama-feels-for-dc-kids-assigned-to-bad-schools-yet-hes-refused-to-help-them-104205643.html
Washington Examiner:

Obama feels for DC kids assigned to bad schools yet he’s refused to help them
By: PHILIP TERZIAN
Weekly Standard
10/02/10 11:20 AM EDT
President Obama was asked recently about “Waiting for ‘Superman,’” the Davis Guggenheim documentary about public education which depicts a handful of qualified inner-city students competing for a limited number of spaces in charter schools.

“Oh, it’s heartbreaking,” the president replied. “And when you see these parents in the film you are reminded that … their stake in their kids, their wanting desperately to make sure their kids are able to succeed, is so powerful…. It’s obviously difficult to watch to see these kids who know that this school’s going to give them a better chance–and that should depend on the bounce of a ball.”snip

pollyannaish

What completely gripes me about this is that I STILL argue with friends that the party that is MOST beholden to big business and big unions is the left. And they STILL insist, in the face of all the evidence, that democrats are the party of the little guy.

THAT is the biggest lie of all. The Democrats have coopted so many Republican fights over the years and claimed them as their own I can barely stand it. From Women's sufferage, to civil rights to Vietnam and now to Iraq and the fact that TARP is making the government money...they claim the positive results they were forced to accept by Republicans.

It drives me CRAZY. I agree with Ronald Reagan that it's amazing what can be accomplished if it does not matter who gets the credit for it. BUT there comes a point where the country is left to clean up mess after mess after mess because historians in this country favor the braggers with the "correct" mindset, not those selfish evil GOOD doers.

:angry:

There will always be big problems in DC as long as lobbyists and Unions have all control. Obama is so afraid of offending the Teachers Union that he is throwing the kids under the bus. Christie has taken on the issue of bad performance and the teachers union. It will be interesting to see the results.