Tim Cahill’s running mate quits, backs GOP opponent

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
43011.html
Politico:

QUINCY, Mass. – A seething Tim Cahill denounced his former running mate in personal terms here Friday, accusing Republicans “from Washington to Beacon Hill” of orchestrating state Rep. Paul Loscocco’s decision to quit Cahill’s independent campaign for governor of Massachusetts.

Cahill, a former Democrat and the sitting state treasurer, vowed to plow ahead with his bid against incumbent Gov. Deval Patrick and former insurance executive Charlie Baker, the Republican nominee Loscocco endorsed in a morning press conference.

Assailing Loscocco’s withdrawal as a “backroom ploy,” Cahill revealed that Loscocco only notified him of his plans at 9:08 a.m. – after scheduling an 11 a.m. press conference with Baker. “I don’t know what kind of job he was promised to do this,” Cahill said. “I misjudged his character because I thought he was in this for true change.”

“Although we qualified for the ballot together, immediately upon my election I will expect to see his letter of resignation,” he said. “As for not having a lieutenant governor, I don’t plan to die, and we can save money on that useless job.”

The loss of a running mate is the third major blow to Cahill’s campaign in little more than a week. John Weaver, formerly a senior consultant to Cahill, and Adam Meldrum, who served as his campaign manager, both abandoned the candidate last week and, like Losocco, endorsed Baker as the only viable alternative to Patrick. Weaver, a former aide to Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign, also said he quit because he believes Cahill is too far behind in the polls.
________

Maybe Cahill should go on the ballot as a write-in candidate... :lmfao: