John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
view.bg?articleid=1284069
Boston Herald:

A testy U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry yesterday blamed clueless voters with short attention spans for the uphill battle beleaguered Democrats are facing against Republicans across the nation.

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening,” Kerry told reporters after touring the Boston Medical Center yesterday.

Conservative political blogger William Jacobson, who writes Legal Insurrection, immediately pounced on Kerry’s comments, saying that attitude is why voters are looking to shake up Capitol Hill by electing upstart candidates such as U.S. Sen. Scott Brown.

“It just continues the Democrats’ theme that the reason people are upset is because they don’t understand. They’re not smart enough. That sort of rhetoric just gets people even more upset,” said Jacobson.

Democratic consultant Phil Johnston, former chairman of the state party, jumped to Kerry’s defense, saying, “That’s absurd. He’s just making the point that people have real lives to lead and most people are not spending a lot of time worrying about politics, particularly in a tough economy. I’ve known John Kerry for 35 years and he doesn’t look down on people."
________

Kerry's always been just "One of the folks":
orig.jpg

That has to be the reason that Kerry retains his Senate seat - uninformed voters. Why else would anyone vote for the Dufus.

Us folks who don't pay attention aren't saying "president Kerry".

That has to be the reason that Kerry retains his Senate seat - uninformed voters. Why else would anyone vote for the Dufus.

Us folks who don't pay attention aren't saying "president Kerry".

They just ignore his "My name is John Effin' Kerry, I served in Vietnam and I got a Purple Heart for rice in my arse!" I had an uber-liberal co-worker back in '04 who guaranteed he'd beat Dubya. I bet him $20 bucks he wouldn't. He took it, but I didn't have the heart to take the cash, because I knew it was a sucker bet. Turns out he needed it, because he was fired a few weeks later for ranting to customers about the election.

But like my co-worker, Kerry never seems to realize how big an idiot he is... B)