Huckabee: Pledge to America is good; not great

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.gop12.com
GOP12:

On Hannity's show Thursday night, Mike Huckabee gave his take on the GOP's Pledge to America.

"I think the Pledge to America was a good thing, but it really would've been even better if they had done some very bold things. I didn't expect them to. Term limits for members of Congress -- that would've been a bold thing.

A balanced budget amendment -- say 'we're gonna put it on the floor for a vote.'

snip

I agree with this. It was too long and not specific enough. When I saw yesterday, that Paul Ryan was not invited and they didn't even use any of his road map, it was apparent exactly what this could turn out to be.....a document with pretty words that doesn't mean anything.

I did not find the pledge to be bold at all. I so got the impression that they did a 'walking on eggs' proposal trying not to give the Dems ammunition to use against them for the election-privatization of SS being an example that they have successfully used before. Some of these things are alluded to in Ryans Roadmap. Seems to me they were doing the same 'don't stir the pot till after the election' that the Dems were doing with tax cuts.

I did not find the pledge to be bold at all. I so got the impression that they did a 'walking on eggs' proposal trying not to give the Dems ammunition to use against them for the election-privatization of SS being an example that they have successfully used before. Some of these things are alluded to in Ryans Roadmap. Seems to me they were doing the same 'don't stir the pot till after the election' that the Dems were doing with tax cuts.

My problem with this approach, and I hope it's only my problem, is that I don't trust them to do the right thing. An awful lot of the professional politicians care more about how the lobbyists feel than how the average American taxpayer feels. I don't want anyone walking on eggs. Newt Gingrich in his contract with America, told people exactly what he would do down to the bills he was submitting and people responded positively to that.