Romney: Possible, but "not easy" to beat Obama

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.gop12.com
GOP12:

At a Wednesday gathering of capital financiers in LA, Mitt Romney said Barack Obama will be a tough foe in 2012, partially because the economy will probably be better, and the POTUS will be in a boasting kind of mood.

That being said, he previews what the Republican nominee might say, in spite of the improvement

"I think President Obama will be difficult to beat in 2012, because I think an incumbent has extraordinary advantages. He will pull out all the stops, although he's pulled out so many stops at this point that there might not be a whole lot more to pull out in terms of federal reserve, interest rates and stimulus and so forth.

But he will do everything he can to get the economy going back again, and most likely -- at least in my view -- the economy will be coming back.

snip

What everyone needs to be worried about his David Axelrod running his campaign. He knows what needs to be done and will do it. So far, I have trouble seeing the GOP ticket that could beat Obama. No matter what he does, his base will show up in huge numbers again. If the Independents are not enthused about the GOP candidate, they will sit out. The GOP needs moderates and Independents. If they don't welcome them into their group, say "hello" to Pres Obama for another term.

Guest areafiftyone

While I"m not a big fan of Romney - he seems to have a handle on Obama and what is going on as far as winning in 2012. He's not quick to jump on any bandwagon but is clear and concise in what he thinks. It's a shame he won't win because of his Mormonism (which is not an issue for me by the way) and because Most Social Conservatives just don't like him and call him a RINO. Oh well...such is life!

While I"m not a big fan of Romney - he seems to have a handle on Obama and what is going on as far as winning in 2012. He's not quick to jump on any bandwagon but is clear and concise in what he thinks. It's a shame he won't win because of his Mormonism (which is not an issue for me by the way) and because Most Social Conservatives just don't like him and call him a RINO. Oh well...such is life!

Romney has the same problem of everyone on the short list for President. They are all "has beens" with plenty of baggage for Axelrod to use against them. I also like Romney's grasp of the economy. He has way too many enemies within the GOP to win.

Guest areafiftyone

What everyone needs to be worried about his David Axelrod running his campaign. He knows what needs to be done and will do it. So far, I have trouble seeing the GOP ticket that could beat Obama. No matter what he does, his base will show up in huge numbers again. If the Independents are not enthused about the GOP candidate, they will sit out. The GOP needs moderates and Independents. If they don't welcome them into their group, say "hello" to Pres Obama for another term.

Well Moderates and Independents will vote for the GOP if they run a real strong candidate who is smart and knows the issues. If they run loose cannons like Palin and/or Huckabee - Obama will be assured a win in 2012.

Guest areafiftyone

Romney has the same problem of everyone on the short list for President. They are all "has beens" with plenty of baggage for Axelrod to use against them. I also like Romney's grasp of the economy. He has way too many enemies within the GOP to win.

Unfortunately you are correct. Romney does have a great grasp of the economy and he's pretty smart when it comes to Obama. And he does have way too many enemies in the GOP and Tea Party. But he will never get elected president.

Well Moderates and Independents will vote for the GOP if they run a real strong candidate who is smart and knows the issues. If they run loose cannons like Palin and/or Huckabee - Obama will be assured a win in 2012.

I feel that Palin is further damaging herself by the silly game she is playing. Twice last week she made the statements that she will run if the people want her to and she will run if she thinks nobody else on the short list can win and no strong candidate appears. Either you are running or you are not running. If she is she needs to say so instead of giving the media daily fodder to use against her. People are tired of politicians playing games. She already has to overcome mind boggling polls.

We can hope for a dem 3rd party to run someone like Hillary can't we?

No Democrat in their right mind (is that even a possibility) will run against Obama. Talk about a civil war within the Party if this happens.........

I am afraid that too many Republicans are already taking 2012 as a slam-dunk. They are talking as if whoever wins the primary is the next president. I agree with much of what Romney is saying and that fact that so many conservative publications are talking about Obama as if he is already a has been is frightening me, as is the idea of a second term for this maniac and people again voting their pocketbooks and party instead of their country.

I am afraid that too many Republicans are already taking 2012 as a slam-dunk. They are talking as if whoever wins the primary is the next president. I agree with much of what Romney is saying and that fact that so many conservative publications are talking about Obama as if he is already a has been is frightening me, as is the idea of a second term for this maniac and people again voting their pocketbooks and party instead of their country.

I agree with you, Geee. What concerns me is the divisiveness withing the GOP with Palin and O'Donnell pouting and blaming the "elites" in the GOP for all the problems. The conservatives are trying to take over the GOP and kick out anyone they don't like. It never occurs to them for a second that maybe the majority of Republicans like Karl Rove and respect his analytical ability. I fear this is going to get really nasty after the Fall elections. We need the GOP to come together just like the Dems did to elect Obama.

Guest areafiftyone

I feel that Palin is further damaging herself by the silly game she is playing. Twice last week she made the statements that she will run if the people want her to and she will run if she thinks nobody else on the short list can win and no strong candidate appears. Either you are running or you are not running. If she is she needs to say so instead of giving the media daily fodder to use against her. People are tired of politicians playing games. She already has to overcome mind boggling polls.

The more she talks the more money she gets. It's that simple for her. She said that she will run if no one else steps up to the plate. Contrary to what she is saying there will be many people who want to run and who will run so... - I'm taking that as she's not really going to run but she wants to make sure that it will still be about "her her her" of course. LOL! She's better off doing what she is doing and being the cheerleader that she is and sticking pins in the libs and Obama. She's not a good candidate for political office anymore - she's much better as the spokesperson for the tea party and that's not a bad thing. It's made her rich and will make her richer. Hey I'm all for that! LOL!

The more she talks the more money she gets. It's that simple for her. She said that she will run if no one else steps up to the plate. Contrary to what she is saying there will be many people who want to run and who will run so... - I'm taking that as she's not really going to run but she wants to make sure that it will still be about "her her her" of course. LOL! She's better off doing what she is doing and being the cheerleader that she is and sticking pins in the libs and Obama. She's not a good candidate for political office anymore - she's much better as the spokesperson for the tea party and that's not a bad thing. It's made her rich and will make her richer. Hey I'm all for that! LOL!

I still think she needs to spend a few years, like Nixon, in the political wilderness befores she's viable. However, Obambi is beatable by any GOP candidate who has the sense to run against his record. His approval rating is in the low 40's, and if he dips into the 30's, don't bet against Her Heinousness running against him in the RAT primaries. Some of the quotes from Bob Woodward's new book are devastating, politically.

BTW: I don't know if it's true or not, but I seem to remember hearing Axelrod is on the way out of the WH.

I agree with you, Geee. What concerns me is the divisiveness withing the GOP with Palin and O'Donnell pouting and blaming the "elites" in the GOP for all the problems. The conservatives are trying to take over the GOP and kick out anyone they don't like. It never occurs to them for a second that maybe the majority of Republicans like Karl Rove and respect his analytical ability. I fear this is going to get really nasty after the Fall elections. We need the GOP to come together just like the Dems did to elect Obama.

Not that I would ever want the Pubs to be like the Dems-because this IS one of the differences- but the Dems would support and defend Charles Manson if he was running as a Dem for office and the rank and file voters would follow. I don't think I need to supply examples of the people we know that are still in office, we know them ad nauseam.