U. of C. law professor stops blogging after outcry

Stella

u-of-c-law-professor-stops-blogging-after-outcry.html
Chicago Tribune:

By Ameet Sachdev
Posted today at 12:10 p.m.

A law professor at the University of Chicago, where President Barack Obama once taught, is sorry he ever complained about the president’s tax policies.

Todd Henderson last week wrote on a blog about the effect the expiring Bush tax cuts would have on his family. He said his family, whose household income is north of $250,000, could not afford higher taxes. His wife is a doctor at the University of Chicago Hospitals.

“A quick look at our family budget, which I will happily share with the White House, will show him that like many Americans, we are just getting by despite seeming to be rich. We aren’t,” Henderson wrote on the blog “Truth on the Market.”

He then went on to disclose some personal details about his family’s finances. He paid $100,000 in federal and state taxes last year and $15,000 property taxes. He has a big mortgage, more than $250,000 in student loans, two cars, a nanny and a lawn service.

He concluded by inviting the president to his house, which is two blocks from the Obamas, and to “judge for himself whether the Hendersons are as rich as he thinks.”
snip

But the hostility came as a shock to Henderson, who on Monday deleted his original post. In apologizing for removing the post, he wrote, “The electronic lynch mob that has attacked and harassed me — you should see the emails sent to me personally! — has made my family feel threatened and insecure.” He revealed that his wife did not approve of his post and disagrees “vehemently” with his opinion.
snip

Well, well. Another Metrosexual who married a feminazi, it seems. No cojones.

Granted, he is an out-of-touch Arse gazing at his navel if he didn't think people who make less money than he does would be PO'd.

I'm in the same boat as he is vis-a-vis expenses and bloody taxes - though I do not make anything close to what he makes.

But I don't post it online. Not much sympathy out there for whiners. Better hammer on the fact that the vast majority of people who are hurt by high taxes are the Middle Class.

Obama's tax on the rich only is going to hit Obama's neighborhood hard. It is filled with professors from the Univ of Chicago and doctors from the Univ of Chicago. Many of them are in dual income households. I hope they are enjoying the hope and change that they all voted for and now get to solely pay for. I bet a lot of these hope and change people are also over extended and in serious debt from school loans and from sending their kids to private schools. The real estate in Hyde Park is not cheap either.