Senate Republicans firm on tax cuts for rich

clearvision

idUSTRE68B1SH20100913
Reuters:

Senate Republicans have enough votes to block President Barack Obama's plan to extend tax cuts for the middle class while allowing those for the rich to expire, a spokesman for the Senate Republican leader said on Monday. :snip:

Don Stewart, spokesman for Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, said Senate Republicans are united on the issue. "There are no Republicans who support a tax hike," he said.:snip:

-------
Reuters is sure spinning those headlines. Don't see any comments about rich from the Republicans.

No kidding. And along those lines, I owe Boehner an apology. I totally fell for the presses soundbites on what he said Sunday. SHAME on me. Glad it was an early reminder that I need to be careful about falling for that AGAIN.

The press is going to the floor for this president right now. I absolutely can not figure out why.

No kidding. And along those lines, I owe Boehner an apology. I totally fell for the presses soundbites on what he said Sunday. SHAME on me. Glad it was an early reminder that I need to be careful about falling for that AGAIN.

The press is going to the floor for this president right now. I absolutely can not figure out why.

I was astonished by one headline about this regime. 'Poverty and homelessness up over 40%'. We generally didn't see those kind of remarks unless an R was in charge. I think the press is realizing that this guy is inept. I haven't seen a Rasmussen report lately. He was measuring the favorable/unfavorable coverage Urkel was getting. The last one I recall still had him up 56%. Probably down from 98%.