Driving in Reverse

Geee

driving-in-reverse
American Spectator:

Driving in Reverse
By The Prowler on 9.13.10 @ 6:08AM

WHAT COMES AFTER EMANUEL?

White House insiders say that the "vibe" inside the Obama Administration is that "Rahm is running" for mayor of Chicago, but that it is perhaps the least surprising turn of events in what is expected to be "a house cleaning" after the midterm elections."Maybe it's just me," says a longtime Obama aide, "but I think a lot of us feel that the President was ill-served by White House staff that did not have the pre-existing relationship or ties to him, and the result is the mess we're in right now. The President needs more of what I'd call the 'true believers' close to him and a lot of us think that is what is going to happen after November."

White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel has not announced whether he will in fact run for mayor of Chicago, though it appears he is undertaking the kind of pre-campaign research and preparation to do just that. President Obama has already endorsed such a run.snip

What some Obama White House aides hope happens is that Obama reaches down to some of his longer-standing political acquaintances and draws them back into the "inner circle." "If we only have two years left, we need true believers who are going to work hard to put the country on the path that we want the country to be on, and do it in a way that make it very difficult for the next administration to roll back. That is the political calculation we want to see in the President."

This is the first open admission that we have a Kamikaze TOTUS whose own aides care more about wrecking the country than a second term.