Obama: Voter anger could hurt Dems in elections

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
us_obama
Yahoo News:

WASHINGTON – Facing big Democratic losses in November, President Barack Obama blamed Republicans and election-year politics Friday for thwarting his efforts to do more to spur a listless national economy. He challenged Congress to quit squabbling and quickly approve "what we all agree on" — a reprieve for expiring tax cuts for the middle class.

"Let's work on that. Let's do it," he told a nationally broadcast White House news conference, his first since last May.

Obama said his economic programs were helping, but "the hole the recession left was huge and progress has been painfully slow."

Noting the stubbornly high jobless rate, Obama acknowledged that many voters in the Nov. 2 midterm elections probably will blame him for economic hard times and could take it out on congressional Democrats.

He said that "since I'm the president and Democrats have controlled the House and the Senate, it's understandable that people are saying, you know, 'What have you done?'"

Still, he said, "If the election is about the policies that are going to move us forward versus the policies that will get us back into a mess, then I think the Democrats will do very well."

Polls suggest large-scale Republican victories and Democratic losses in the midterm races.
________

"It's happening on my watch, and m party has been in the majority, but I'll blame the Republicans anyway..."

Noting the stubbornly high jobless rate, Obama acknowledged that many voters in the Nov. 2 midterm elections probably will blame him for economic hard times and could take it out on congressional Democrats.

Well duh!! Gee! You think, Mr. Obvious? :blink: