October Surprises

Geee

october-surprises-victor-davis-hanson
National Review:

October Surprises

Will the Obama administration tackle Iran’s nuclear ambitions?

In less than 60 days, the Democrats will probably suffer historic losses in both the House and the Senate. The eleventh-hour campaigning of the now-unpopular Barack Obama on behalf of endangered congressional candidates will not change much. In fact, most embattled Democratic candidates don’t want the president to even set foot in their districts.

The public knows that the stimulus packages are played out. Unemployment rose, instead of falling as promised. All that is left are the higher taxes due next year to pay back the borrowed money that was squandered.

Those in Congress who went along with the Obama borrowing agenda now find themselves on the wrong side of the American people on almost every issue — from federalized health care, higher taxes, and bailouts to proposed cap-and-trade and amnesty.
Could things still turn around before November?

The Democrats’ best hope is a major crisis overseas that would rally the American public around their commander-in-chief. Usually, cynical journalists refer to an unexpected autumn bombing run, missile launch, or presidential announcement of a cease-fire or needed escalation as an “October surprise.”

These are the “wag the dog” moments that might turn angry Americans’ thoughts elsewhere. And they have a checkered history that began long before August 1998, when critics alleged that Bill Clinton, before the midterm elections, had ordered bombing missions in Afghanistan and Sudan to distract public attention from his embarrassing dalliance with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office. He looked decisive and presidential; his Republican opponents looked nitpicking and petty.snip

Sadly for Obambi, Iran won't have a nuke before the midterms. Too bad, so sad, but the economy, unemployment and Obambicare will remain in the sight of voters in November.

Maybe with a GOP controlled House and able to filibuster anything the RATS in the Senate(if they don't take control) try bringing to the floor, we'll knock some sense into The Chosen One. Doubtful, because I think he's too arrogant to learn a lesson, but you never know. :blink:

The "October Surprise" I hear about most, involves chaos & martial law, and trained US troops to put Americans in relocation camps; so I'm hoping it's something minor like Obama growing a set of "huevos."

The "October Surprise" I hear about most, involves chaos & martial law, and trained US troops to put Americans in relocation camps; so I'm hoping it's something minor like Obama growing a set of "huevos."

Someone is behind the current trend to whip both Muslims and Latinos into a frenzy. Neither today's LA shooting, nor the Florida Quran burning deserve the media attention they are getting, but these minor incidents are being blown out of proportion for some reason. Martial Law would fit the bill.