Renowned energy economist: Obama’s drilling moratorium, new stimulus plans will cost 150,000 jobs

Geee

renowned-energy-economist-obamas-drilling-moratorium-new-stimulus-plans-will-cost-150000-jobs-102439744.html
Washington Examiner:

Renowned energy economist: Obama’s drilling moratorium, new stimulus plans will cost 150,000 jobs
By: MARK HEMINGWAY
Commentary Staff Writer
09/08/10 11:20 AM EDT

Louisiana State Banking Chairman and well-regarded economist Joseph Mason released the following statement ahead of the President’s job creation proposals to be released in Cleveland later today:

Proposals currently under consideration as PayGo for costly new ‘stimulus’ bills in Washington will absolutely devastate economic recovery and overall domestic job creation. Under the guise of ‘making Big Oil pay,’ plans to increase energy taxes by repealing ‘dual capacity’ and section 199 of the U.S. tax code – a manufacturer’s credit – will actually harm small businesses and American families.

I am putting the final touches on a report I’m planning to release next week, but the preliminary numbers are incredibly grim with more than 150,000 people losing their jobs over the next decade and more than a quarter trillion dollars in lost economic activity if these tax hikes go into effect.snip

AS far as I can tell, the only economic damage done to the area has been by the Obama moritorium and the Obama bungling and meddeling.

And, how's the 20 billion coming along? I'd love to see the money trail on that shakedown.