Reid: Don't blame me for Nevada's high unemployment rate

Geee

117405-reid-dont-blame-me-for-high-unemployment-in-nevada
The Hill:

Reid: Don't blame me for Nevada's high unemployment rate
By Jordan Fabian - 09/07/10 12:31 PM ET

"It would take a real stretch to think I caused the problems with the economy," Reid said Tuesday.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday expressed confidence in his prospects for reelection and said that voters should not blame him for economic woes in his state and around the country.

In a wide-ranging interview with ABC News that aired on an afternoon webcast, Reid said that he has worked hard as majority leader to create jobs and should not be held accountable for Nevada and the nation's continuing economic woes.

"It would take a real stretch to think I caused the problems with the economy, and that's what she is trying to do," Reid said referencing his GOP opponent, Sharron Angle. "You know that I have nothing to do with those unemployment figures, in fact I have worked hard to change them ... I think it is my job to create jobs.
"As you know, I tried to do a lot of things to stop the Bush red spending" that left the nation with a ballooning budget deficit, Reid said. "I don't have any hand in what took place during the Bush administration — I tried to rein that in."snip