Washington’s Self-Anointed Dieties

Geee

washingtons-self-anointed-dieties
Pajamas Media:

A few weeks ago, California Congressman Pete Stark made a revealing comment at a town hall meeting. One of his constituents inquired about using the Constitution’s commerce clause to justify health care legislation that — for the first time in American history — requires citizens to purchase a product. When asked by that constituent what the federal government can’t do, Stark replied: “The federal government, yes, can do most anything in this country.”

Really?

In late August, Kentucky Congressman John Yarmuth had a similarly rare moment of truthfulness when asked the same question about the limits of the commerce clause. He answered:

It really doesn’t prohibit the government from doing virtually anything — the federal government. So I don’t know the answer to your question, because I am not sure there is anything under current interpretation of the commerce clause that the government couldn’t do.

With comments like these, it seems that just as many in Congress who don’t read the bills also haven’t read the Constitution.

According to America’s founding documents, the power of public officials is limited. Stark and Yarmuth represent the worst of our representatives — those who disregard the Constitution as the supreme law to elevate themselves onto a pedestal of infinite power. They aren’t public servants — they’re gods. Although this attitude is nothing new, it’s shocking to see that we now live in an environment where politicians feel comfortable saying it out loud.

When a reporter asked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a question similar to those posed to Stark and Yarmuth, she refused to even answer it. Instead she acted as if the question — and the reporter — were beneath her. She replied with: “Are you serious? Are you serious?” Yes, we’re serious.

But Pelosi thinks she is above accountability. After all, she’s the “most powerful woman in American history.” She’s so much better than American citizens that we don’t even deserve to know what’s in her legislation before it’s passed.snip

In all my years as a registered voter, I've never seen a more arrogant White House(where there is definitely a godlike complex) or Congress(see Pelosi, Reid, and Rangel). This is why they're going to run into a wall November 2.