The English Channel Air Force?

ErnstBlofeld

the-english-channel-air-forceDoD Buzz:

One of the trial balloons floated in the last two weeks in the fevered European debate about what not to buy for defense was that France and Britain would share aircraft carriers.

Publicly and officially their defense ministers repudiated that idea today but they did raise the prospect of sharing the fleet of the hugely over-budget but technologically impressive A400M air transport, as well as helicopters and some “naval units.”

“Tankers, A400s, naval units, but just to be clear not aircraft carriers, are areas where we can work toward pooling,” French Defense Minister Herve Morin said after a meeting with British counterpart Liam Fox. Several news agencies reported Morin’s and Fox’s remarks earlier today.

:snip:

Edited by Rheo
snipped

One of the trial balloons floated in the last two weeks in the fevered European debate about what not to buy for defense was that France and Britain would share aircraft carriers.

Knee jerk reaction is to ask...What could possibly go wrong! I wonder if they have ever heard of a little thing I like to call Unity Of Command?

Knee jerk reaction is to ask...What could possibly go wrong! I wonder if they have ever heard of a little thing I like to call Unity Of Command?

The French and British have not been seeing eye to eye on issues historically.

The French and British have not been seeing eye to eye on issues historically.

Nothing get by you! :D

We can blame it all on William Duke of Normandy