Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

AceRimmer

082910dntexcongress.2c049bb.html
The Dallas Morning News:

Longtime Dallas congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson has awarded thousands of dollars in college scholarships to four relatives and a top aide's two children since 2005, using foundation funds set aside for black lawmakers' causes.

The recipients were ineligible under anti-nepotism rules of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which provided the money. And all of the awards violated a foundation requirement that scholarship winners live or study in a caucus member's district.

Johnson, a Democrat, denied any favoritism when asked about the scholarships last week. Two days later, she acknowledged in a statement released by her office that she had violated the rules but said she had done so "unknowingly" and would work with the foundation to "rectify the financial situation."
snip

Wow, the CBC is really helping Pelosi drain the swamp. I wonder if she has a few scholarships in her freezer... :rolleyes:

They, the ones caught, all now say that 'they did not personally benefit'. Benefits to not extend to their relatives and friends I guess. I didn't see in the article any mention of who/how she was found out. Or did I miss it? Did she back Hillary? Seems as though Hillary backers are in jeopardy nowadays.